NEW FIRMWARE: 3.14

Reaction score
New firmware is now available. I just upgraded, no issues. Just open your NAZA Assistant for info.

Darrell1 said:
New firmware is now available. I just upgraded, no issues. Just open your NAZA Assistant for info.

Hmm, mine still says v3.12 is the most current. They must have taken it down again!

-Todd

On the bottom of the DJI website for the 3.14 firmware upgrade it states...

* Important:
1. Use the Input function in the “Tools” of the Assistant Software to input the “PHANTOM Default Configuration Parameters”.

When I download the "Phantom Default Configuration Parameters" dated 2013-05-06 and try to load it the assistant software I get an error stating "Configuration File Version Does Not Match"

Attachments

• naza.jpg
    naza.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 3,564
tmcgowan said:
Darrell1 said:

Hmm, mine still says v3.12 is the most current. They must have taken it down again!

-Todd

it's still up there
you have to download Naza-M Assistant Software v2.14 first
from http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

then run that software to update the firmware to 3.14

What does it do, or fix?

I'll let you fly a mission or two before I try it. After loosing one, I'm a little gun shy.

D

:D

I did download the Naza-M Assistant Software v2.14

It did update my Phantom to 3.14

Just that when I try to load in the "PHANTOM Default Configuration Parameters" files I get the error as posted.

I did a quick flight and all seems fine.

Just upgraded new in box Phantom from 3.0 to 3.14. Didn't upload new parameters but did review all info and did full set of transmitter, IMU, and compass calibrations. First flight nominal. No issues.

Steve

For an upgrade there has been very little discussion in this forum. I assume its meant for gimbal users only and hasn't changed regular flying. Everyone seems a little cautious on doing the change, including me.

Roadkilt said:
For an upgrade there has been very little discussion in this forum. I assume its meant for gimbal users only and hasn't changed regular flying. Everyone seems a little cautious on doing the change, including me.

In 3.1.4 DJI also fixed some bugs on Naza Default parameters section. (never goes to other than X frame) ;)

Roadkilt said:

Here's the release notes:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

Code:
What’s new?
 Firmware
   Optimize the compatibility for Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
   Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal).
   Change the default aircraft type to X4 instead of I4.
 Software
   Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D).

Has there been any updates on this? I was forced to do the update on my Phantom which was flying fine. Once I connected it to the NAZA assistant, I was forced to do the 3.14 firmware update to look at anything. I am trying to find the default configuration parameters that will load. (I got the same error as in this thread) Does anyone have the manual parameters (gains)?

3.14 has killed two new copters right out of the box. I get a constant four yellow flashing and repeating, can't power up the phantom!

We have to reload the older firmare to start up

What a burn, are the manufacturers aware of this bug?

I updated Sunday and got your same issues.
Followed the directions and no joy.

Finally I did the following and got everything back.

Did a TX calibration by holding both levers to the top position. While doing this I turned the power on and twitched to course lock. I let the levers go to center and then followed the directions on the DJI website.

Then I did the software calibration of the TX.
Then I did the advanced calibration. Halfway through I got a message to pull the power on the phantom. After 10 mins I powered the phantom back up and it finished the calibration.

I then did the compass dance.

I don't know why and all that is crazy to have to do but for one reason or another it fixed it and is flying better than ever.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about a software bug, you really had to do a dance!
Glad you got it back and posted the dance steps!

xstatic said:
Talk about a software bug, you really had to do a dance!
Glad you got it back and posted the dance steps!

I suspect that performing a full set of calibrations (transmitter, transmitter to NAZA, compass) represents 'best practices' following firmware updates. While it's true that some of these steps may not (always) be needed, they don't really take that long and don't do any harm. I know when I decide to do firmware updates, I consider such steps a standard part of the process. Doesn't hurt to check gains and other settings as well.

Steve

Just got back from vacation in the Laurentians, I will post the files of the previous revisions by tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers