New firmware 3.06 update 10/31

Reaction score
Geert,
Does this update address the bricked battery issues Simon recently discussed on his YouTube channel?

(here)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV29cKthRE[/youtube]

Good to know - I haven't tried the battery update yet. I really like the idea of an option to discharge... I get tired of watching my phantom flashing away in the corner of the shop waiting to run down the battery.

Geert,
As long as I have had my Vision and it has now become apparent that I have never actually updated my battery firmware. I guess I always assumed it was part of the update process when upgrading the main firmware. I cannot seem to find an option to update the battery in the update tab of the assistant software. It indicates I have v1.6 battery firmware with no option to upgrade (screenshot).
Am I missing something???

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,022
Yep - just updated not more than 15 min ago. Had 3.4 up till then.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,008
Yes on Windows (7). No other versions installed - only 3.6. I went ahead and did a computer reboot and power cycled my vision. Same results.
Therefore...I went ahead and removed 3.6 and re-installed 3.4. Still no upgrade option.
One interesting thing. One of my batteries indicates "loader 1.3.0.0" and the other shows "1.4.0.0". I see yours is "1.5.0.0". Not sure what the loader is exactly...

Post I read on other thread below:

I think this explains the difference between "old" and "new" batteries:<br /><br />"2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0."<br/>

Damon,
Just about to post something similar...
Was just noticing that DJI makes reference to added "v2.0" smart battery compatability in the v1.0.2.7 release notes. Guess this means I dont get the cool new battery features as both my batteries are close to 1 year old (already antiquated... OH MAN!) ;) .
Oh well, they still work great and have never given me any issues to date - onward and upward!

Firestat,
How old is your battery? Each of mine are older - about 1 year old or so. If you do not have the option to update the firmware from the assistant software (like me) then you likely have an older "V1.0" battery. I'm not sure when they began releasing the updated battery, my guess would be when the V+ was released (just a guess).

This doesn't mean that our batteries are no good, it simply means we do not have the advanced battery options as discussed within the forum. You and I (and many others) will just have to be satisfied with what we have I guess. :)

Byroman, thanks for your reply. Just after I posted, I realized there was a second page.

Well, my original battery is as old as it gets, bought the Vision last December. I have since bought another battery and will try that out tomorrow. By the way, did all the updates yesterday, and, for the first time, flew the Vision with no issues at all.

Thanks for your reply, again.

Glad its flying worry free, Firestat!

The last three FW updates have been really good to me and mine is flying great too!

On a side note... I bought a Dubro prop balancer recently - that REALLY smoothed things out. Those factory props can be a bit lopsided! :?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie