New firmware (3.06) - discreet 400 meter altitude limit?

Reaction score
Today I was at the retail store for Atlanta Hobby and overheard the guys talking about the latest firmware (3.06). To each other, a couple of them said they have been getting a lot of calls from people saying the new firmware seems to have put in a discreet limit of 400 meters AGL. I believe they were insinuating that this limit was observed during flights. I also heard them say that when users are attempting to enter a higher max altitude via the P2 Assistant software, it will default back to 400 as a max regardless of the users setting.

I haven't updated my P2 as of yet and that bit of information gives me great pause in doing so. Has anyone experienced this problem ("feature") since the roll out of the latest firmware?

(I know, I shouldn't listen in on others' conversations....but they were only 10 feet away and they weren't whispering)

400m = 1300 ft. I'd be ok if that was hard wired personally as it's in airspace that might be occupied but there is a page in the Assistant for height limits etc. Do they not work?

may i ask why you need to fly up that high?

The point here is not whether you should fly that high or not, but whether there is a yet unannounced material change (in this case, an altitude restriction) on a firmware update. I've pretty much had it with DJI since they slowed by bird down with firmware v3.04 update, causing me to almost loose my p2 fighting a stiff headwind back home.

So, for those who have already updated to v3.06, we're unable to change the height limit to say 1000m?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav