New firmware 15/03/3016

I'm using android Galaxy tab 4. Maybe try doing a force stop on the app and then reopen the Go app.

have any of the people who were having Loss of transmission short range issues after the last update...(like myself) download and installed the update and had approval? I am scared to do the new update since I dont want it to get even worse.

I'm having the same range issues and doubt it could get even worse... will definitely be giving it a try very soon.

After doing the update, I didn't get any loss of signal today. Hope this is it.

My one flight did give me better range than I usually get in the direction I flew. I'll have to test to see if it was coincidence.

Nabzo, Try going to the home screen on the Go app. That's where mine said Update.

I did that still nothing
See post #2 of this thread. That's the home screen of my Go app on android.
I ignored the FW update this morning, to update the Go app first. Then all day the FW update wouldn't come back.
This evening it did come back and I was able to grab it.
Just open the Go app from time to time, and eventually it will show up I'd think.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No update shown on mine when I connected it a few hours back...

Has anyone tried it yet? Has the new firmware fixed the signal issues?

I see it said compass accuracy and something to do with HDR mode but nothing about signal issues...

I'm gonna guess signal has not been improved since it's not mentioned?

Last edited:
More info needed guys... We all need to know if signal issues have been fixed, along with rc signal loss messages before take off

I believe that I've seen at least three posts (in this thread or a different one) where users who had connection/signal/distance issues are reporting improvements.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 66Fury and Bob8619
I haven't seen if its repeatable yet but I looked back thru flight logs and I use to lose connection at 1700 feet or so if I fly a certain route from my house. Today I got to 2070 feet while going that same route. Might be coincidence but if others are saying they see improvement then perhaps its not coincidence.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I haven't seen if its repeatable yet but I looked back thru flight logs and I use to lose connection at 1700 feet or so if I fly a certain route from my house. Today I got to 2070 feet while going that same route. Might be coincidence but if others are saying they see improvement then perhaps its not coincidence.

I will wait until we get more reports before updating.

It's a little to early to say I think, I will also look on YouTube to see if anyone reports anything with the new firmware, fixes etc... worth a look.. but use filter to bring up latest videos (this week)

Reactions: gvsukids
No update shown on mine when I connected it a few hours back...

Has anyone tried it yet? Has the new firmware fixed the signal issues?

I see it said compass accuracy and something to do with HDR mode but nothing about signal issues...

I'm gonna guess signal has not been improved since it's not mentioned?

Have you tried restarting your phone?
Shut it off, wait a couple of seconds, and turn it back on , turn RC on, connect to RC wifi, and then open the GoApp, and then turn your drone on, but dont go into camara mode, and see if the Firmware message comes up. Also don't go in Airplane mode, keep regular cell connection on.

Mines showed up now. Tell me something does our remotes also require a FW update ?

To the people having short range transmitter problems after the last update, which was myself, this update has appeared to help at least somewhat. Previously I couldnt get 400 feet no matter how hard I tried. Just took it out this morning and got a thousand feet distance. About 15 feet high striaght ahead right over a small pond.

Still not anywhere near the 1km that they advertise, nowhere near the mile that some people claim they are getting without any mods. It is good enough to get me through my vacation and then I will send it in. Still frustrating though. Really wish DJI would say something official

Does it seem a little strange that you are still relying on a company who's drone you bought months ago? Seems kinda crazy to me. When will these flippin updates stop? Is it the company not wanting to take their hand out of our pockets, or is it consumer driven by complaints about range issues, glitches, and problems in general?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers