New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

JPK...yes, 0082 (from a link earlier in this thread) did have a problem installing it on my current card, which had footage on it, but on a fresh card, it went on perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes i got the files. (0082 and 0084)
now it's just not the time to do something like that. (childeren arround playing)
But i give it a try next week...

Thanks for trying it out in the field. have a nice holiday.:sunglasses:

BillyP - the options right now: upgrade to a beta, unofficial firmware, wait for the firmware to be released by DJI, or send the unit in for repair. I currently have a support case open but am hoping the firmware gets released any day and that it will fix the problem. Else I'm sending it back in.

Reactions: BillyP13
Anyone found the difference between 0082 and 0084?

Great thanks guys, my long battle for over 2 months with DJI is over, never will I upgrade FW again since I could not fly on 1.6.80 due to range issues for 2 months.
Glad to report Range issues fix WITHOUT having to send it back to DJI. Used https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/dji-firmware-test/P3C/P3C_FW_V01.07.0084.bin. I am back to 1.2km with Phantom 3 Standard with Arktek Range extender (CE Mode / South Africa) and another friend who also had range issues back to 700-800 meter without range extender after this upgrade, previously around 100m without range extender and with range extender 300m-350m on 1.6.80

No idea when the release date is. As you can see just yesterday 0082 got replaces with 0084, which means there was serious enough bugs that showed up in beta testing (that's what this f/w is intended for).
They might also add another one or revert it back to 0082. Everything depends on the test results.
So to sum up : One of them can turn into official release, or none, perhaps the problem isn't 100% fixed yet.

Which version are you using personally? 0082 or 0084? Have you noticed any differences?

I must admit some of the 'language' is a wee bit over my head
My P3S and I only have a 3 week relationship.....but would really love to find a simple way of addressing this firmware issue
As it is my range won't go above 70m. Any help out there for a simpleton like me?
I for one will wait for the official FW update to come out. Even when it's official, I'm still skeptical until others have tried and posted the results. You all are braver than me to try a FW update that's still in beta. So to BillyP13, you can just wait till it's officially released, than it will appear on your GO app.

Reactions: BillyP13
Im still on 1.3.5 lol
LOL...I'm still on 1.4.6 and have ZERO intention of disturbing this great, WORKING version...unless this 1.7.whatever is proven to be better.

I for one will wait for the official FW update to come out. Even when it's official, I'm still skeptical until others have tried and posted the results. You all are braver than me to try a FW update that's still in beta. So to BillyP13, you can just wait till it's officially released, than it will appear on your GO app.

Thanks wmcvey......I guess I will have to exercise some patience
Ever tell a child he cannot get that toy in the store....that's how I feel
Maybe if I wasn't so far away (Kingston, Jamaica) I probably would have returned it already.....sigh

BillyP - the options right now: upgrade to a beta, unofficial firmware, wait for the firmware to be released by DJI, or send the unit in for repair. I currently have a support case open but am hoping the firmware gets released any day and that it will fix the problem. Else I'm sending it back in.

Thanks for your response rellinb.....
I live all the way in Jamaica....returns could be complicated....
Waiting is not the happiest option....(frustration setting in now)

Great thanks guys, my long battle for over 2 months with DJI is over, never will I upgrade FW again since I could not fly on 1.6.80 due to range issues for 2 months.
Glad to report Range issues fix WITHOUT having to send it back to DJI. Used https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/dji-firmware-test/P3C/P3C_FW_V01.07.0084.bin. I am back to 1.2km with Phantom 3 Standard with Arktek Range extender (CE Mode / South Africa) and another friend who also had range issues back to 700-800 meter without range extender after this upgrade, previously around 100m without range extender and with range extender 300m-350m on 1.6.80
When on your PC and you clicked on the link for the FW did it automatically download to your PC?

So this firmware 1.7.8 fixed all the range issue from 1.6.8 ???

Has anyone had bugs with the 0082 or 0084? Im leaving in a week for a trip with my phantom and would like to have the firmware by then even if it's bot officially released yet. I'll be flying over forests and lakes so having a failure would be catastrophic.

When on your PC and you clicked on the link for the FW did it automatically download to your PC?
Yes it downloaded to PC, copied it to root of SDCard and insert and startup P3s, I monitored it via DJI App to 100% and then restarted RC and drone. It shows 1.6.8+ but range issues gone.

Reactions: rellinb
Has anyone had bugs with the 0082 or 0084? Im leaving in a week for a trip with my phantom and would like to have the firmware by then even if it's bot officially released yet. I'll be flying over forests and lakes so having a failure would be catastrophic.
FPV Still dropping a few frames even though signal is full strength. I flew it with Litchi since DJI Go app did not open Maps correctly, but GPS position set correctly. I use Litchi for all flights but propably another DJI Go App bug on Android. Also tested RTH a few times, works fine. Tested on 2 different p3s mine and a friends. His RC had to be relinked, my worked fine. But both ranges back to normal. You can always downgrade if a problem or wait for official release, I was tired of waiting for over 2 months and wanted to do the FCC 27dbm mod but was worried about bricking remote.

LOL...I'm still on 1.4.6 and have ZERO intention of disturbing this great, WORKING version...unless this 1.7.whatever is proven to be better.
I guess I'll have to share it then DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help . that's all the firmware right there .. PS any one down grading you can only go down one at a time .pop it on a BLANK SD card and stick it in the drone and open the app and it will start automatic

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj