New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

@Ojcze Nasz or @Rigge - any updates as to whether this will be released officially today or not? Thanks for offering at least a bit of hope for those of us w/ range issues!
No idea when the release date is. As you can see just yesterday 0082 got replaces with 0084, which means there was serious enough bugs that showed up in beta testing (that's what this f/w is intended for).
They might also add another one or revert it back to 0082. Everything depends on the test results.
So to sum up : One of them can turn into official release, or none, perhaps the problem isn't 100% fixed yet.

My P3S aircraft is 1.6.800 and the was just upgraded to 2.8.5
I was getting poor range and losing control. Using ARG mod.
How do I get the new firmware and will it help?

Downloaded the update from the link in this thread...put into the root of the SD card and fired bird up....starts update with the usual beeps, then after about 30 seconds the beeping stops and turns into a constant beep/scream sound and update fails. Any thoughts? RC is 1.6.80 and drone 1.5.7+

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Downloaded the update from the link in this thread...put into the root of the SD card and fired bird up....starts update with the usual beeps, then after about 30 seconds the beeping stops and turns into a constant beep/scream sound and update fails. Any thoughts? RC is 1.6.80 and drone 1.5.7+

There should be a text file at the root level of the SD card with a log of the firmware update attempt. That should give you a clue as to what happened.

Will re-attempt to do the update a bit later...had to delete the FW off the card as the drone kept trying to update until I removed it..deleted the txt file too[emoji30]

Ok...redone update using a fresh SD card....updated ok...now showing 1.6.80+ Doing IMU then will try it and let you guys know!!!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Ok.....on 1.5.7+ with an Argtek...I could get approx 380' altitude and max 1,400 distance. On this new FW got it up over 600' and over 2,000' away. Could have gone much further, but got a bit scared as couldn't see it at all!!! It is also quite windy here so even in P-mode, it was drifting around a bit. I'm on holiday in the Scottish Highlands and had to keep away from a few "interested" birds of prey.

Don't know if all the problems are fixed as I made the fatal mistake of updating straight out of the box, so don't know what "perfect" is, but that was impressive!!!

JPK...yes, 0082 (from a link earlier in this thread) did have a problem installing it on my current card, which had footage on it, but on a fresh card, it went on perfectly.

I must admit some of the 'language' is a wee bit over my head
My P3S and I only have a 3 week relationship.....but would really love to find a simple way of addressing this firmware issue
As it is my range won't go above 70m. Any help out there for a simpleton like me?

Reactions: rellinb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20