New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

Great to hear that they fix the drop issue!!
If they could only fix the gimbal issue via software will be the perfect gift for all of us suffering from that horrible problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bend (tilted) horizon, no matter how much you calibrate the gimbal, it would go bad after few minutes, also a well discuss (and old!) issue on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Yay, my yoyo is gone gone. It's about friggen time! I know these are complex machines, but the yoyo was very annoying. 4 months to fix it seems too long, but maybe not. I'm just really happy it was fixable. I was convinced it was a mechanical problem, based on taking so long. I really didn't think they could fix it, I'm glad I was wrong. My P4 will no longer be the stepchild I leave home all the time in favor of my reliable old P3P.

Anyone having issues downloading the firmware? It's stuck at 0%, then pauses itself over and over. No progress. :/

In my case I make sure the RC is not too close of the iPad otherwise WiFi signal might be disrupted and download stuck. Does vary ie depending where you are located vs the router, generally 50cm distance btw RC and iPad is enough.

That is why I am grumpy! I DID RETURN IT....
Turns out the FW update rectified the yoyo issue and DJI Ken insisted it was a HW issue and recommended I return it which I did and now I find out the FW upgrade addressed the yoyo issue. o_O

BTW, my P4 yoyo'ing was so bad I could not get usable footage. Out of the several hours in the air I got about 8 to 10 minutes of steady footage.

Anyway I'm so glad you are happy - I can hear the crowds cheering in the background with ticker tape filling the streets.
Enjoy your P4 since I can't.

So they mitigated HW issue/behaviors thru firmware. Not sure what was the timing in your case but pitty they didn't communicate to you work in progress on firmware and beta testing going on to address this. Information was certainly available at some point and certain level.

So they mitigated HW issue/behaviors thru firmware. Not sure what was the timing in your case but pitty they didn't communicate to you work in progress on firmware and beta testing going on to address this. Information was certainly available at some point and certain level.

They didn't with me, I asked someone quite high up in customer support a few hours before the FW was released and all they could say was coming soon and didn't know if it addressed the altitude problem, not good imo.

Fascinating commentary on the subject of expectations of perfection. DJI issues a few updates that don't fix the problem, and people complain. Then they release an update that does fix the problem, and people still complain.

Fascinating commentary on the subject of expectations of perfection. DJI issues a few updates that don't fix the problem, and people complain. Then they release an update that does fix the problem, and people still complain.

It's normal to look for the perfection,
If the users didn't complain, there will no fix and no perfection,

Why do you think in any project there's something called ( any feedback ?! )

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
It's normal to look for the perfection,
If the users didn't complain, there will no fix and no perfection,

Why do you think in any project there's something called ( any feedback ?! )

Feedback on the technical problems is great. Complaining about not getting enough advance notice of the release of the fix is pointless.

Feedback on the technical problems is great. Complaining about not getting enough advance notice of the release of the fix is pointless.

With that I'm agreed

What I found strange is I updated with iOS app. And just out of curiosity I rebooted Phantom and plugged into laptop with assistant software and it said it needed an update. Even though iOS showed it was latest version. Updated it from assistant anyway just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I found strange is I updated with iOS app. And just out of curiosity I rebooted Phantom and plugged into laptop with assistant software and it said it needed an update. Even though iOS showed it was latest version. Updated it from assistant anyway just to be sure.

Did you turn Off then On after you updated using the ios app?
Because the updating keep showing until you switch the p4 off then On

Was in context of customer having been asked to sent the bird to DJI for HW repair while firmware fix was in process for publish and right remediation. Now the customer has firmware but not craft. Generally speaking I agree advance notice is pointless publicly but can help internally support teams for best customer response.

Reactions: Alien Warrior
Did you turn Off then On after you updated using the ios app?
Because the updating keep showing until you switch the p4 off then On

Yes I did. Just thought it was strange it did that. Just updated it again just to make sure.

I'm with ya, I had sent my bird out 4 days prior to the FW release. If I would have known, I would have waited to send it in. And there it sits at DJI Cali... Hopefully they send it back soon!!!

Reactions: Alien Warrior
I'm with ya, I had sent my bird out 4 days prior to the FW release. If I would have known, I would have waited to send it in. And there it sits at DJI Cali... Hopefully they send it back soon!!!

Patience and moderation are the mother of knowledge... :)
I doubt that dji would put on sale technically unfinished product!

Patience and moderation are the mother of knowledge... :)
I doubt that dji would put on sale technically unfinished product!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4