New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

I flew a distance run yesterday with the new update, and I went the exact same distance of 3.04 miles in P mode, limited only by the low battery warning. I wasn't really expecting anything different, but one thing was weird. When I got the low battery warning, I allowed RTH to bring it back home. As it got closer, it finally went to critical low battery as it was approaching my house at 400' up. When I have done this before so many times, it is in just low battery mode and not critical low battery mode. This time, it appeared to take longer to land.

When I reviewed the video, it showed it descending but it then began ascending. It did this twice on the way down. Not ever seeing this happening before, it seems like when it went to critical low battery where it says "landing" but then went back into a RTH mode where it went back to my 400' RTH setting.

I only did that one flight but will try to do another one to see if it repeats in in just regular low battery mode during RTH.

I didn't know what you were all talking about either. I haven't had my 4 but a couple of months but luckily, I have never seen what you're talking about and I've upgraded now so hopefully I never will.
I've only had the issue when flying on really hot days here in North Florida. Temps at 96 or higher during the day (10 - 3). It was apparent there were issues as the sailplane pilots were ground due to no lift. The drop was 6-8 feet. I have the update but haven't had a rain free day to test but looking forward to checking update out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes! I did it thru the app!

That's interesting. I was able to download the update to my iPad through the app, but it would not recognize the aircraft regardless of what I tried. I called DJI customer support and their only suggestion was to do it on a computer using the DJI assistant. That worked fine.

That's interesting. I was able to download the update to my iPad through the app, but it would not recognize the aircraft regardless of what I tried. I called DJI customer support and their only suggestion was to do it on a computer using the DJI assistant. That worked fine.

Presumably you did connect the iPad directly to the aircraft via a USB data cable to attempt the update. If that didn't work then I would suspect a bad cable.

Presumably you did connect the iPad directly to the aircraft via a USB data cable to attempt the update. If that didn't work then I would suspect a bad cable.

I did, and the iPad recognized a device was connected because it emitted a tone and then asked if I want to grant the device access to my photos. I tried 2 different cables, and both my iPad Air 2 and my iPad Mini 4. It stumped me.

Update done. I'll be so jazzed if this really fixes the yoyo effect. Crossing my fingers.

Waiting to hear your results John. I know you were one of the first to discuss this problem and yours seem more extreme than others. Hope it fixed it.

%+=^&$#$*!!!!
I raised the yoyo effect on the DJI Forum and DJI Ken advised to return the bird for repair.
This issue makes me so angry and now i dont have the P4 till next year the way DJI do things.
Brand new quad with 2 hours flight time.
The lesson learned?
DJI Ken obviously does not have full facts and does not have the knowledge required to represent DJI on the other forum!
Take his advice with a grain of salt!!!!
Very angry.

%+=^&$#$*!!!!
I raised the yoyo effect on the DJI Forum and DJI Ken advised to return the bird for repair.
This issue makes me so angry and now i dont have the P4 till next year the way DJI do things.
The lesson learned?
DJI Ken obviously does not have full facts and does not have the knowledge required to represent DJI on the other forum!
Very angry.
Not to worry, the turn around times have been about a week (not counting shipping both ways) at DJI in recent months. I got mine back in 9 days, I live about 30mi from them so it was overnight shipping via ground. When I sent my P4 in to them for the yoyo, they exchanged my craft for a new one. The new one did the same thing. I was hoping they'd fix it eventually, and it appears the day has come.

Last edited:
Hi Folk updated the latest firmware...what a pain updated through the dji app, downloaded but refused to connect with the cables. So i uninstalled then reinstalled still no luck. Tried through the assistant download but failed to update (mac) uninstalled /reinstalled bingo it work.
Had a quick flight tonight WOW..... very responsive no drop feels like a different bird, excellent work DJI

%+=^&$#$*!!!!
The lesson learned?
Very angry.
Peace with you and the bird....
Lot of us are happy, try or return the bird to the dji service...
Don't be so angry! ;):D

Hi Folk updated the latest firmware...what a pain updated through the dji app, downloaded but refused to connect with the cables. So i uninstalled then reinstalled still no luck. Tried through the assistant download but failed to update (mac) uninstalled /reinstalled bingo it work.
Had a quick flight tonight WOW..... very responsive no drop feels like a different bird, excellent work DJI
Windows 10...smooth install....

Reactions: RadioMike and GKPK
I did, and the iPad recognized a device was connected because it emitted a tone and then asked if I want to grant the device access to my photos. I tried 2 different cables, and both my iPad Air 2 and my iPad Mini 4. It stumped me.

I had this as well. What I did was shut everything down, hook everything back up like I was going to fly, ie. mobile device hooked to controller and both turned on and then Phantom turned on. Wait at the main home screen until it states firmware was downloaded, click on that message and then hook mobile device to Phantom to upgrade the firmware, had that happen to me the last two firmware upgrades.

Looks like the latest firmware will not allow takeoff in a restricted zone. Previously, you could ignore the warning. It now requires a Credit Card or Cell number.....

%+=^&$#$*!!!!
The lesson learned?
Very angry.

I was about to return mine the day before the new FW was released, I live in Thailand and would have been hit with 40% import duty if I had done that, I offered to become a beta teaster to try the FW I new was out but they refused, Lucky I waited a few days because now it's perfect. Still nt happy with DJI, can't believe all these people tanking them for the update, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place

Lot of us are happy, try or return the bird to the dji service.
That is why I am grumpy! I DID RETURN IT....
Turns out the FW update rectified the yoyo issue and DJI Ken insisted it was a HW issue and recommended I return it which I did and now I find out the FW upgrade addressed the yoyo issue. o_O

BTW, my P4 yoyo'ing was so bad I could not get usable footage. Out of the several hours in the air I got about 8 to 10 minutes of steady footage.

Anyway I'm so glad you are happy - I can hear the crowds cheering in the background with ticker tape filling the streets.
Enjoy your P4 since I can't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj