New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

I need to test that. Will be a huge relief if indeed altitude drop is fixed.
As to those that had not seen it, I can say from my experience that I noticed it on many occasions, and more so when I was flying from an elevated place towards a valley. Just last week, flew it over a river and as I stopped it started dropping, I would say about 6 to 8 ft. The strange thing is that as I was pushing the joystick to raise it, it ignored my command. I had to move it horizontally out of its place and then slowly bring it up. Definitely scary moments. Ah, and it was less than 40ft away from me when all this was happening, but with very few satellites (only 3), due to the mountains around. There was no wind so I felt I would be able to control its location, especially at close range. It is the altitude drop that scared me...

I need to test that. Will be a huge relief if indeed altitude drop is fixed.
As to those that had not seen it, I can say from my experience that I noticed it on many occasions, and more so when I was flying from an elevated place towards a valley. Just last week, flew it over a river and as I stopped it started dropping, I would say about 6 to 8 ft. The strange thing is that as I was pushing the joystick to raise it, it ignored my command. I had to move it horizontally out of its place and then slowly bring it up. Definitely scary moments. Ah, and it was less than 40ft away from me when all this was happening, but with very few satellites (only 3), due to the mountains around. There was no wind so I felt I would be able to control its location, especially at close range. It is the altitude drop that scared me...

My flying friend, there is no perfection in an imperfect world ;)
New firmware is great update!

Never had the problem. No update for me.
I would probably look at updating - this update has been tested by a bunch of public beta testers as well as through there own internal testers.

Also if you do have a crash DJI cant come back and say you were using an old firmware and potentially not cover you.

You may not notice it but to some it only happens a small amount to others it happens alot. However, they have managed to find a fix that fixes everyone.

Imagine if you did a return to home and cancelled it above some trees and then you didn't realise that it was slowly droping a few feet and then crashed into a tree below.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Kudos to DJI for optimizing flight logic to mitigate possible altitude variation during flight (ie going slighlty down forward and up backward) as well typical drop after breaking, namely yoyo effect risky in low altitude scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Croatian drone
I would probably look at updating - this update has been tested by a bunch of public beta testers as well as through there own internal testers.

Also if you do have a crash DJI cant come back and say you were using an old firmware and potentially not cover you.

You may not notice it but to some it only happens a small amount to others it happens alot. However, they have managed to find a fix that fixes everyone.

Imagine if you did a return to home and cancelled it above some trees and then you didn't realise that it was slowly droping a few feet and then crashed into a tree below.

Better to be safe than sorry.
My P4 cut off a lot of leefs cause of altitude drop....
Happy as small child after this update!
:D

Reactions: Stealthmatt
Yes! I did it thru the app!

i jus turned everything on ready for flight. went through menu looking for update option. couldn't find anything,
is there a way to update bird through the dji go app or does it have to be connected to pc?

i jus turned everything on ready for flight. went through menu looking for update option. couldn't find anything,
is there a way to update bird through the dji go app or does it have to be connected to pc?
Best way is thru app...

If your tablet has internet connection when you launch it and turn on your phantom 4 it will say there is an update available once it finishes its imu initialization. (Note: make sure the app hasn't been idle in the background - make sure it's fully closed before launching the go app)

If you still don't get it then best to use dji assistant 2 (the latest from dji website).

Sometimes i find it wont work through the go app if i have both cellular and wifi enabled. I turn wifi off and get a notification to update and then turn wireless back on to download the update.

If your tablet has internet connection when you launch it and turn on your phantom 4 it will say there is an update available once it finishes its imu initialization. (Note: make sure the app hasn't been idle in the background - make sure it's fully closed before launching the go app)

If you still don't get it then best to use dji assistant 2 (the latest from dji website).

Sometimes i find it wont work through the go app if i have both cellular and wifi enabled. I turn wifi off and get a notification to update and then turn wireless back on to download the update.

thx.
i just went and downloaded the dji assistant and updated through my laptop.
haven't flown yet to see how well it works.
I was getting the altitude drops as well.

It's been one of the most discussed topics on this forum since the Phantom 4 release. When you stop from forward flight the Phantom would drop 5-10 feet in altitude before stabilizing to a hover.
My P4 is still dropping when hovering.

Just got done with latest update and a test flight. Drop gone. Much more stable now even in sport mode. Doesnt do the dive to the ground anymore when you punch it and brake it. At last an update that does something well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav