New Firmware 1.05 and possible range reduction

The fw version i think it was 1.19 when i went 6KM.I was at the same location both times.With the latest fw and the DBS antenna after almost 4KM i lost completely the signal.
Something else must have happened there in terms of conditions then. I bough my P3A a month ago and started flying it with 1.04 FW the latest one. 4km flight with the itelite DBS antenna and no loss of signal but i turned back cuz i was worried not to loose the bird.

No there is nothing else wrong because i have two P3P and the range is the same.I believe they reduce the range reducing the rf power output of the phantom and the rc and they are going to reduce it more with the upcoming fw updates.

No there is nothing else wrong because i have two P3P and the range is the same.I believe they reduce the range reducing the rf power output of the phantom and the rc and they are going to reduce it more with the upcoming fw updates.
Ok but why my range has not been redused then? .....

I think a lens with telephoto / wide angle capability is an obvious "new" feature for the P4P but I also think leaving the Phantom line behind and coming out with a Spectre line would be an idea (are you listening DJI?) that would be a new fuselage design that eliminates cracking, panning camera capability is another idea. An on-board transponder that "squawks" it's location for the local ATC. I've suggested a modular design approach to their new quad where instead of cracking open the body of the quad, have Line Replaceable Units (LRU's) that can be hot-swapped out on-the-fly with few, if any, tools... sorta like a Lego quad, just pop parts on/off as needed. This whole concept of itty bitty torx screws and clamshell body is for the birds. FLIR? Object avoidance? Ground avoidance? No CSC while in flight? Lots of things they could do. Pusher prop for higher speeds? Winglets for longer duration flights? Tilt rotors? The ideas are endless. But it all comes down to price-point and what the public is willing to pay.

They have already reduce the range of the P3P.When i bought it with the early firmware i was able to fly 6KM stock.Now i can fly with the DBS itelite antenna only 4KM with both my P3P's.

I cautiously agree. I don't think I'm getting the range I did a year ago, but have no hard data. I have to get back to the Ocean where 4Km would have been no problem with stock antenna.

For conspiracy theorists, I'd bet they have absolute control over output power, both RC, and bird video. Specifying a range "Under ideal condition" leaves huge latitude. Want to see a reduction in P4 range complaints, reduce the P3! LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl