New Firmware 1.05 and possible range reduction

Reaction score
I have contacted the DJI beta FW development team to inquire about the rumors that FW 1.05 that is due end of Oct 2015 will possibly reduce the range of the Phantom 3 advanced and pro and this is the answer i got, which by the way is not clear... Anyone else knows anything about this? Any more info pls share.
(I am not referring to the possible hight limitation or any other limitation that the new FW might have so please stay on topic.)

Attachments

• 1444276618733.jpg
    1444276618733.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 979
DJI has always advertised/stated 1.2 miles, doesn't seem like anything new to me...

Oh no. After reducing the video quality on P3A, after reducing the number of channels, this will be a new hit ...

Oh no. After reducing the video quality on P3A, after reducing the number of channels, this will be a new hit ...
What reduced video quality?? I never heard of anything like that.
They increased video resolution from 1080p to 2.7K and the quality stayed good.
Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Reactions: BigAl07
I have contacted the DJI beta FW development team to inquire about the rumors that FW 1.05 that is due end of Oct 2015 will possibly reduce the range of the Phantom 3 advanced and pro and this is the answer i got, which by the way is not clear.
As they say in the classics ... What part of no don't you understand?
Ignore rumours and forum gossip - probably 90% is wrong.
Stop worrying and get out there and enjoy some flying.

Reactions: nickyb and Cyclone
the sdk release notes... please refer to "modifications" 1st point.

Release Date:2015.09.25

Overview:

Mobile SDK version updated to:v2.4.0

General:

1. Integrate the FollowMe and IOC function into the latest GroundStation

2. Integrate the speed control by the remote controller in all the mode in GroundStation

3. Modify the cameraExposureMode setting or getting method

4. Fix the failed to select the all documents problem bugs in playback section.

Modified:

1. Modified altitude and distance limitation. Enabled setting multiple limitation factors (e.g. altitude and distance) simultaneously.

2. Modified the interface for acquire firmware version of the on-board camera for Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 series aircraft

the sdk release notes... please refer to "modifications" 1st point.
1. Modified altitude and distance limitation. Enabled setting multiple limitation factors (e.g. altitude and distance) simultaneously.
Relax your conspiracy mindset.
They are talking about the user set limits - your Phantom already has them and they are making some tweak to the way they work.
That's not about putting hard limits on your Phantom.

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Relax your conspiracy mindset.
They are talking about the user set limits - your Phantom already has them and they are making some tweak to the way they work.
That's not about putting hard limits on your Phantom.
Ok thank you for that. I was just concerned no conspiracy mindset here.

Hi guys, I have one ,,silly'' question, but I just want to be sure before start flying with my P3. Today I upadete firmware on my p3, I check results and everything was successfuly, and my question is: Do I now need to delete .bin and txt. file on my SD card (for p3) and USB (for remote) before start using and flying, or do I need to keep those files on SD and USB? :)

Hi guys, I have one ,,silly'' question, but I just want to be sure before start flying with my P3. Today I upadete firmware on my p3, I check results and everything was successfuly, and my question is: Do I now need to delete .bin and txt. file on my SD card (for p3) and USB (for remote) before start using and flying, or do I need to keep those files on SD and USB? :)
if your bird and batteries are already updated then it doesn't matter. some leave the bin on the card, others don't. up to you.

i have just updated my p3a to 1.4 and removed the bin and text file.. dont think its needed after the update is complete.

If u upgraded successfully (check the logs in the SD card for that and the "about" at the app) then feed the birds battary/s to the bird so they get upgraded too (there is no audio or visual indicator for this process) then delete the file from the SD card as the bird will attempt a FW upgrade (that will be canceled) every time u boot up.

I don't understand this part with feeding a bird battery. How and why? :) I updated a phantom and remote controller, do I need updated battery separately?

I don't understand this part with feeding a bird battery. How and why? :) I updated a phantom and remote controller, do I need updated battery separately?
Ok now that u done with thre FW in the SD and the SD in the bird switch the bird on let it for 3 min then repeat with each of your batteries. The batteries when inserted to the bird for first time after FW upgrade get upgraded too (allegedly).

They have already reduce the range of the P3P.When i bought it with the early firmware i was able to fly 6KM stock.Now i can fly with the DBS itelite antenna only 4KM with both my P3P's.

They have already reduce the range of the P3P.When i bought it with the early firmware i was able to fly 6KM stock.Now i can fly with the DBS itelite antenna only 4KM with both my P3P's.
What fw where u using when u did 6km with stock ant and what fw when u did 4km with DBS ant? Did u loose sig at 4km. Did u do this excersise in the same area same direction and same conditions?

Last edited:
The fw version i think it was 1.19 when i went 6KM.I was at the same location both times.With the latest fw and the DBS antenna after almost 4KM i lost completely the signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20