New FC40 questions

Reaction score
Greetings,

Why does the manual say to upgrade firmware on a transmitter that has no USB port?

Also, is my IPhone supposed to display the cameras remaining battery? It doesn't....

Hi,

You are connected to the camera with the iPhone over WIFI, not the bird, so no info at all, just the display of what it sees. You need the vision camera to get info.

Unless I am wromg (getting the unit next week), the USB port is inside the controller. You need to remove the 4 screws.

Good luck

look in my earlier posting with the picture of the transmitter with back off you can see the usb port it is in the top toward the middle of the bottom board and the usb port is upside down i would first check to see if you need to update the transmitter remember it is the 5.8 version and not the 2.4.
the picture of the trans is in the FC40 forum it's on the 4th page there are 3 plugs to the right of the port hope this helps.
Dennis

Thanks all, no flying yet, maybe tomorrow.

Yep, did the unscrew thing on the trans. Worked fine. Not sure if I needed to do it. And using controls while trans was open was awkward, but do-able. I did think I'd get battery remaining from the cam on my IPhone, but doesn't look like it. No biggie.

you have to connect the copter to the computer and the controller connects to the computer threw the copter

I just gt a FC40 and was wondering if there is any need to upgrade any software for the transmitter? I'm assuming it already comes with the most updated version already. But if not. Does any one know what would be changed if the firmware to the controller were updated?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31