New fc40 owner

Reaction score
Greetings from Matosinhos, Portugal

Just bougth a Phantom FC40, and i have a doubt... Do you guy charge the batt in cv or cc mode? And by the way what does cc and cv mean?

Im totally new to this, this "desease" started in the christmas season when i bought an rc helicopter for my son, and guess what i monopolized the toy... :oops: :mrgreen:

So i decided to buy a dji Phantom at first i thought about a P2 Vision but the battery price demoved me from that, and since im a noob i thought i would go better with the fc 40

thanks

J.C.

Hey, grats on your purchase. I bought a fc40 not too long ago also, and am loving it. I'm not sure what you mean CV or CC mode. I charge mine on Lipo, since it's a lipo battery.

Thanks npalen and TORtur3

Im such a noob! I shoud have (re)oppened pandora's box, sorry Phantom box, im trying not to open it because i feel the urge to fly (it would be more like a crash) my beloved Phantom... If i had checked it again i would see it doesnt have that option because its automatic and i cant choose one or the other... I knew it has the option life and lipo and it must be in lipo mode...in the right side we have 1A, 2A and 3A (i could swear it was CC and CV but i was wrong!), i charged my lipo once (in 2A) because i've tested it with no props.
I havent flown my FC40 yet ( besides being a noob i'm a "chicken") because i'm practicing with a wl959 and i think the 959 is in the process of becoming a Phantom because if i continue to fly it like i normally do it will die soon and then it probably will turn into a Phantom... :mrgreen:

Sorry about my confusion and thank you very much for the link, i was blind but now i can see!

I hope maybe in a couple of weeks i'll have my "wings" (well, im a chicken :oops: ) and i can finnally fly my flying cam!

Disco Volante said:
Thanks npalen and TORtur
I hope maybe in a couple of weeks i'll have my "wings" (well, im a chicken :oops: ) and i can finnally fly my flying cam!

What are you waiting for Disco Volante? If I can do it, you can do it! Yes, I crashed four or five times but that can be avoided by learning in a LARGE open area and flying above tree level. I thought I could learn in my small back yard and crashed into the trees after getting my yaw direction confused. I fly all the time now from my back yard, but only at 75 feet or higher.

Make sure you calibrate the compass (compass dance), wait for the home point to set (quick green flashes) and wait for all green (no red) before you take off. Turn the transmitter on before connecting the Phantom's battery and leave the transmitter on while taking the battery out. Then turn off the transmitter and then back on again before installing a fresh battery.

I lost track of my FC40 earlier today as it went over the tree top horizon I lost my bearings and couldn't see which way my controls were making it go. So I turned the TX off and waited for it to come home. It was about 90 degrees to the left of where I thought it was when I lost sight of it. It make a perfect landing right where it started from and let me tell you, it was an exhilarating experience. :D

Hi Woody, thanks for the encouragement!

I was planning to fly it for the first time in this easter, i know i can be irritatingly over cautious and i must understand everything (or almost everything) before i can use it. After i read the manual i was perhaps more confused, and i have to have time (to understand it) and space to try it.
Its anoying, even to me, but thats my way to work things out...i may sound like a sissy, but i never flew nothing besides my son chopper and now my 959, who by the way seems to have grown up (the v959) and thinks he can pass the night over the neighbours without waiting for my orders! That's right my v959 falled in someone garden and i was affraid i would never see it again as it lost signal in mid fight, maybe due to wifi interference or something else...and i was thinking when i got there i would probably find someone picky asking me what was a drone doing spying his/her property, but instead a nice lady showed up and gave me back my quad back. I live in a small city, and there are few places where i can fly safelly, and the weather just got better this week...it was the worst winter i can remember!
On easter hollidays we are going to the village, where i have a small property and there are plenty of places with less obstacles where i can fly my precious Phantom. I just hope it doesnt rain...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.