New FC 200 Camera 1.1.99 No yet

Re: New FC 200 Camera 1.1.99

It was renamed to match original 1.1.9 version... It's probably been fixed to resolve the bricked camera issue, but DJI didn't want to admit to an issue, so they kept the same revision... They know if 1.1.99 or 1.2.0 was magically available that it would prove they screwed up the FW and some P2V's...

Can anyone do a file compare to see if this 1.1.9 is the same as the older 1.1.9, please?

If it is the same, nothing has changed.

If different, it is really poor form to have posted two different 1.1.9 versions.
Is the file date the same?

garygid said:
Can anyone do a file compare to see if this 1.1.9 is the same as the older 1.1.9, please?

If different, it is really poor form to have posted two different 1.1.9 versions.

Both files are exactly the same size.....

garygid said:

Loaded both files in ultracompare... There are quite a few differences. That is, as you say, naughty.....

gpauk said:
garygid said:

Loaded both files in ultracompare... There are quite a few differences. That is, as you say, naughty.....
so.... does this mean we should update the camera again???

There have been two firmware.bin 1.1.9 files around.

one having time stamp 2014-01-20 19:22 the other 2014-01-26 18:47, same size of 14014 KB.

Somebody probably knows (but will not tell) if we should update from 2014-01-20 19:22 to 2014-01-26 18:47 -version. And what has changed? MD5 checksums are different.

AllanVB said:
gpauk said:
garygid said:

so.... does this mean we should update the camera again???

On balance I'd say "if it ain't broke...."

Does anyone have a copy of the 1.1.99 zip file? I'd be interested to compare that to the latest 1.1.9....

gpauk said:
Does anyone have a copy of the 1.1.99 zip file? I'd be interested to compare that to the latest 1.1.9....

It's not a valid zip file. Size is 1 KB. Post your email address to me in a private message, I'll email 1.1.99 zip to you.

BEAWARE. That file has caused a lot of problems to Phantom 2 V pilots around the world. The camera turned absolutly useless after the update. Take the advice. Wait for a week or two and check for the comments around the world about the new version of the camera firmware.
I talked to my dealer earlier and they ask me me to send the entire phantom in its box for a complete replacement, not only the camera. All the phantom owners like me that got the permanent error in the camera after performed the firmware upgrading v-1.1.9 has to pay for shipment to get the new phantom 2 Vision, and of course, at least one or two months waiting.

Makes me glad I dealt with Amazon. They paid for shipping both ways on my returning my Phantom and they even overnighted the replacement at their cost. I requested a replacement on a Tuesday evening and got my new one Thursday evening. They can't really help with support on the Phantom, but sure made returning mine simple and quick.

I wouldn't update... 1.1.9 (the first one) screwed up some P2V's... It's obvious they swapped the files... I wouldn't chance it unless your camera is bricked (as a try to unbrick)...

From what I have read do far, the RAW format isn't that "Great", so until it has been polished a bit better, it might just be better to wait...

Or you could give it a try and chance being like "Me"... Waiting for my replacement P2V because my camera got "Bricked"...

Comparison of the Two files indicates lots of differences, I kept both. I have updated to 1.1.9 1/20 but not 1/26.
Here is the file comparison
First file name: Z:\Camera\Phantom\firmware 26.bin
Second file name: Z:\Camera\Phantom\firmware 20.bin
Report type: All (Matching and Differences)
Summary for 1 <--> 2:
71076 Line(s) match 14159 Block(s) diff 29632 : 29611 Line(s) diff

Please report results if you have installed the 1/26/14 version.

Anyone done a comparison of the 1/27/14 Vision Manual????
http://download.dji-innovations.com.../en/Phantom_2_Vision_User_Manual_v1.12_en.pdf

dcozad said:
Please report results if you have installed the 1/26/14 version.
Installed this version on my new P2V (Ver. 1.4) that arrived today without issue. Making sure to Format the memory card in the Vision Camera via the Vision App on the iPhone. This format did create a DCIM folder that I left intact and just copied the firmware.bin file with it in the root of the card. Returned the card to the camera, turned it on and the update took about 20 seconds to complete. All camera functions appear normal.

After the update the firmware.bin file was renamed to firmware.bin.BAK00 on the memory card.

dcozad said:
Anyone done a comparison of the 1/27/14 Vision Manual????
I had a quick look at it and nothing major that I could see, maybe a few graphic changes and updated QR codes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20