Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New FAA published Part 107 Study guide

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by Woodsong, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Woodsong

I don't think I have seen this mentioned or posted anywhere on the forums so.....
    Looks like the FAA just last week published a new 87 page study guide for the upcoming Part 107 test.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

If this has been discussed in other threads, my apologies...I looked and didn't see it referenced anywhere so I thought it might help to have it posted for folks to review!

2. Phill2

What does this licence entitle you to do?
    Here in Aus we don't need one to do commercial work with a sub 2kg drone

3. Richard R

Just went through this study guide and while it will be useful, it won't supply everything one will need for the test. Most notably, one will need other material to study on the Part 107 regulations them selves and on how to read sectional charts.

4. Woodsong

5. jofus

Any idea if you will receive a legend with your aeronautical charts on the test?

6. Richard R

My guess would be 'No' since reading charts is one of the areas to be tested!

7. Rupprechtlaw

8. Woodsong

Jonathan,
    I looked through your website last night. I thought your explanation of the 41 exam questions was well done and should prove helpful to everyone looking to take the 107 test. I know the hope is probabbly to convert some folks eventually to clients of yours but kudos for you for taking the time to put all the info together and making your site a resource site for uav pilots...that's a lot of work and effort with no guaranty of return on your time and you have a lot of info there on your site.