new F450 build

Reaction score
I just finished a F450 build using the e300 system, Naza lite, frSky taranis and X8r receiver. I managed to get the Taranis setup using sBus and switches SA for the locks and SD for the flight modes. I have two issues.

I have not been able to get the Naza in compass calibration mode by flipping the flight mode switch through all three positions rapidly about 10 to 20 times. Not sure if there is something else i need to do in the setup to accommodate this function.

Also, I took it out to try and do a couple of 1 foot flights to see if everything seemed to work ok (even though the compass is not calibrated) and found it very hard to control. It seemed to want to flip over to the left each time. Any suggestions on a safe and methodical way to get this in the air would be greatly appreciate it.

Charlie

I moved this over to the section for Other DJI Multirotors for you ;)

When you're trying to enter calibration mode, just move the SD switch between top and middle positions real fast, 5-6 times is all it should need.

I have tried it going through only the first two (GPS and ATTI) and all three(GPS, ATTI, Failsafe), and just ATTI and failsafe. I have tried from 5 all the way up to 20 toggles and so far, no luck.

The Naza seems to be responding correctly in every other way: green -red-red-red, then green-red-red, then green - red, then a series of green when it locks on home and then just green.

I do this all the time on my phantom with no problem. Is there some difference in this respect between the Naza v2 and the Naza lite?

On the naza lite you have to set it up as gps att and manuel,, you have to switch back and forth from man to gps about ten times and then it will go to compass calibrate, hope this helps

Actually, that's what I wanted to do (use manual as the third position), but ti was grayed out in the assistent, so I settled for fail safe instead. I will go back and look again.

Toolman2a: you were spot on. I set the down position of SD to Manual and tried to go into calibration mode and it worked. I set the down position of switch SB to Failsafe because that "seemed" like the least likely to hit accidentally, and all seems to work as I expected. I am loving this Taranis (not that I have a a great depth of knowledge about other transmitters).

Now to get up the courage to make my maiden flight. I think the problem I was having before was just being way to tentative on the controls. I just need to find a nice big grassy field and let'er rip. I got into a bit of trouble the first time I flew the P2 for the same reason.

Did you make sure all the motors were turning in the proper directions in the Naza software motor test? I have built 3 450's so far and will be building a 4th next week. Have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav