New Drone/UAV Dilemma!

Reaction score
I love my P3S. It's modded just the way I want.
It has the three Amp setup with two 2.4 silver Sunhans one silver 5.8 Sunhans, custom made power harness for the 12v power supply, DBS panel antenna, two DJI batteries, meticulously cut out hard shell backpack for transportation. I love it. I've done a personal best of near 21k feet flight!

I am, however torn.

I obviously don't want to blow the bank and I try to keep my hobbies in line by selling off things and buying new things/projects. I fiddle with model RC cars, my full size sports cars, saltwater reef tanks, and I have a family. So I try to stay within reason.

What I want:
I love the idea of the DJI Mavic. It is pricy though. But I love the portability of it. And the idea of running one with a fat shark fpv.

I am really interested in building my own 210 or 250 FPV racing quadcopter. I love the idea of actually doing it myself and I really want a high quality fpv experience with a fatshark setup or something similar.

If I sell my modded PS3, would I regret it?
Do I stay with the p3s and get a racing quad project and try to do for about $500?
Do I sell my p3s and buy a Mavic with goggles?

Would I miss my full size UAV?
Or should I just upgrade to a phantom 4?

Clearly I am divided and unsure. Lots of things I want, but I want to keep costs in line and make whatever I get the right choice.

As for the racing quad, it would NOT be my only UAV. I love the stability and video quality you get with the DJI and would hate to give that up. The fpv racing quads just look too cool and so much fun.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, conversation, ????

Could the Mavic be the answer to all my questions and problems?

Fat Sharks and other FPV goggles that connect via HDMI are not compatible with the Mavic. So, no, it's not likely your answer.

New shell for P3, but you need to wait till March for mass production

IMG-20170115-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20170115-WA0006.jpg

I love my P3S. It's modded just the way I want.
It has the three Amp setup with two 2.4 silver Sunhans one silver 5.8 Sunhans, custom made power harness for the 12v power supply, DBS panel antenna, two DJI batteries, meticulously cut out hard shell backpack for transportation. I love it. I've done a personal best of near 21k feet flight!

I am, however torn.

I obviously don't want to blow the bank and I try to keep my hobbies in line by selling off things and buying new things/projects. I fiddle with model RC cars, my full size sports cars, saltwater reef tanks, and I have a family. So I try to stay within reason.

What I want:
I love the idea of the DJI Mavic. It is pricy though. But I love the portability of it. And the idea of running one with a fat shark fpv.

I am really interested in building my own 210 or 250 FPV racing quadcopter. I love the idea of actually doing it myself and I really want a high quality fpv experience with a fatshark setup or something similar.

If I sell my modded PS3, would I regret it?
Do I stay with the p3s and get a racing quad project and try to do for about $500?
Do I sell my p3s and buy a Mavic with goggles?

Would I miss my full size UAV?
Or should I just upgrade to a phantom 4?

Clearly I am divided and unsure. Lots of things I want, but I want to keep costs in line and make whatever I get the right choice.

As for the racing quad, it would NOT be my only UAV. I love the stability and video quality you get with the DJI and would hate to give that up. The fpv racing quads just look too cool and so much fun.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, conversation, ????

Okay good to know. I thought I recall in my preliminary research that some of the fatshark models supported HDMI?

I love the portability idea of the Mavic. My setup is a little bulky and I love taking my UAV with me when I go places.

I would like the range and options with the P4 or even a cheaper P3P/A now that they are going into end of life.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4