New drone - need help

Reaction score
New to drones. My brother in law gave me a used phantom with no accessories. Some scratches, but overall an 8 out of 10. How can I tell what I have? It says pv-330 on the tag. I need a charger, camera and a remote. Not looking to spend a ton, but I'd like to use for some video. Open to advice. Thanks.

New to drones. My brother in law gave me a used phantom with no accessories. Some scratches, but overall an 8 out of 10. How can I tell what I have? It says pv-330 on the tag. I need a charger, camera and a remote. Not looking to spend a ton, but I'd like to use for some video. Open to advice. Thanks.

Lets start with the controller. Turn it over and see what frequency is printed on the label should be 2.4Ghz. Does it have a battery that looks like this? If the answer is yes to both then it's a stripped down Phantom 2 Non Vision.
DJI Smart Battery.jpg

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

This link will show you the different Phantom models. Scroll down for the Phantom 2 versions - Phantom Series - Intelligent Drones | DJI

DJI PHANTOM 2 PV330 PHANTOM DRONE W/CAMERA, PVT581 CONTROLLER, & RE700 EXTENDER
Is wat i found on ebay for the picture...

I see its a phantom vision 2 ( not the plus) with 5.8 ghz controller. What i remember has the inside connections for a gimball and video The gopro uses 2,4 ghz so you can use the wifi of the gopro ! with this bird.
Just by the gopro 4 black or other , use that wifi of the cam which is possible for this bird and and have fun.

Does it look like this? If so it is the P2 Vision

300px-Phantom2visionwiki.jpg

If so here are the details for it - Phantom 2 Vision - DJI Wiki

If it looks like this then it is the P2 Vison +

p2v-1e3f37918112a12ff9426e432b35a5e6.png

If so, the details are here - Phantom 2 Vision+

No controller. Yes the battery looks like that. Thanks.

Without a controller there is only one way to really tell which P2 you have and that is by opening the shell and checking which receiver board is inside. The board itself is under the main board and can be seen through the battery compartment. Here are two photos of both boards.
2.4GHZ receiver.JPG
2.4GHz receiver
5.8GHz receiver.jpg
5.8 GHz receiver

Without a controller there is only one way to really tell which P2 you have and that is by opening the shell and checking which receiver board is inside. The board itself is under the main board and can be seen through the battery compartment. Here are two photos of both boards.
View attachment 38615 2.4GHz receiver
View attachment 38616 5.8 GHz receiver

Thanks. I'll open it up and report back.

I don't see an 8 pin connector. It has a little 3 wire connector (yellow, red, purple) and what look like a white audio connector. Assume this is the camera connector. It has a camera bracket, but no camera.

Here are some pics:

DronePic1.jpeg
DronePic2.jpeg
DronePic3.jpeg

You will need to open the shell in order to identify which P2 you by comparing the above photos in post #10.

View attachment 38615 2.4GHz receiver
View attachment 38616 5.8 GHz receiver

Thanks everyone. Your help is much appreciated. Looking into the battery bay, I can see that I have the 5.8 card based on the way the grey wires are situated.

So what is the general recommendation? Take to hobby shop and test it, or just order a charger and controller and go?

Scott

Thanks everyone. Your help is much appreciated. Looking into the battery bay, I can see that I have the 5.8 card based on the way the grey wires are situated.

So what is the general recommendation? Take to hobby shop and test it, or just order a charger and controller and go?

Scott

Scott you'll need to open up the shell because both boards have the same antenna setup look at those photos they do not use the same components. I also mark each as what frequency they are.

Based upon earlier info and my experiencebbuy the controller , props and battery and you can fly. Second hand?

The OP doesn't have clue as to which controller he needs until he actually opens the shell.

Based upon earlier info and my experiencebbuy the controller , props and battery and you can fly. Second hand?
Brother in law has a bunch of rental properties. Occasionally he inherits stuff when tenants leave under unusual circumstances. This drone was almost thrown out. It's a little abused but salvageable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.