New Drone Law in my area.

It'll be interesting to see whether this holds up in court. Let the legal challenges begin.

Eventually the airspace over someone's property is going to have to be defined else you will fly no where but over your own house, and maybe not even that if you live near an airport too. Maybe it could be that chicken rancher's 84 foot ruling over his chicken coops some years back.

One of the comments is amazing, I just don't know why people are so scared of UAVs. "I sat awake every night worrying about drones. Thanks for sponsoring this critical legislation."

Reactions: FASTFJR
One of the comments is amazing, I just don't know why people are so scared of UAVs. "I sat awake every night worrying about drones. Thanks for sponsoring this critical legislation."
People nowadays, so easily triggered... paranoid people gave me all kind of grief during my last weekend's flights. I only fly above lake non the less, far away from the crowd

I heard a lady in her 70s tell me she was worried drones would steal her PIN number.

Reactions: Loz and Meta4
Well amazing is one word to describe it!
cowboy-shaking-head.gif

I just read the article, it says it's illegal if you fly over to secretly peep or spy. At least that's the wording of the article, who knows what the actual legislation says. If it does emphasize on the issue of spying, then that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

People are being taught by the news to become so anti-drone it's becoming insane.

Looking at the vote on this state's bill points to where this is heading: "The Senate approved the bill unanimously, while the House of Delegates voted 96-1." So only one person in two voting houses disapproved of it which is alarming too. FAA is losing public appeal real quick.

Problem with this bill it is a "He said. She said." bill covered in gray area paint. "The drone guy was spying on my kids" and you are guilty, whether you were or not. Great.

I just read the article, it says it's illegal if you fly over to secretly peep or spy. At least that's the wording of the article, who knows what the actual legislation says. If it does emphasize on the issue of spying, then that makes sense.

I seldom trust "news" articles when they cannot even provide the most basic sites for their information. In this case:

LIS > Bill Tracking > HB2350 > 2017 session

"Use of unmanned aircraft system to trespass; peeping into dwelling or occupied building; penalty. Punishes as a Class 1 misdemeanor the use of an electronic device to enter upon the property of another to secretly or furtively peep or spy or attempt to peep or spy into a dwelling or occupied building located on such property, unless such use occurs pursuant to a lawful criminal investigation."

According to the article, the courts ruled that a done could not legal invade someone's privacy but that the operator could not be held guilty. Article states that bill was intro'ed to make it illegal (basically, attempt to circumvent the courts ruling).

Here is my take.... WTF! What kind of idiot uses words like "peep" in something that could be a law. The rest of it is crap as well. Can't use a drone to "trespass". No information on what constitutes "trespass" with a drone. How does a person "trespass" with a drone anyway? Land on the property? They then also need to show that the drone operator was "peeping" or being used to spy on someone. So this is really should not concern most people unless you are "peeping" someone.

I suspect they are still leaving "trespass" up to the court system. I think that is reasonable.

Reactions: Helihover

That person prob has a lifetime supply of tin foil in their basement.

That person prob has a lifetime supply of tin foil in their basement.
I was going to say, maybe we're all missing a revenue stream here. When we're out flying we could also set up a stand selling tinfoil hats. A dollar a pop would allow for a decent profit margin.

The demonization of drones is bs! Too many ignorant paranoid and naive people in the world. The vast majority of what people hear see and read about drones is negative. People hear the word "drone" and automatically have a negative perception. You add that with the increasing popularity and sales of drones in the last few years and then comes the regulation and bs laws that the cops don't even know what they are or how to interpret them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic