New drone law coming to Belgium for the end of this year

Reaction score
Amateur Pilot !

For drones until 1kg
allowed to fly on private property until 10m height
Not allowed to capture (by photo or video) your neighbours (This is going to be unpossible to follow at 10m height)

For drones +1kg
drone needs to be registered (europe wants registration with a chip)
only allowed on RC airfields (not shure about max height, hope not 10m), i think 30m
Again following the european and Belgian privacy laws
not allowed on private property

Pro Pilot !

Needs to follow a Course in theory and flying (the same course as for a ULM pilot)
Then a medical control
Then a exam in theory and an exam in flying
The registration of the bird
after all this you are allowed to fly at a max height of 91m (higher if you do a official request max 6 months in front)
Not allowed to fly above streets, city's (except if a special request was made and accepted), big crowd of people
Not allowed to fly in restricted zones (as harbors, train-stations, airfields, official buildings, properties of the Belgian king, ...)

as you can see flying a drone will not be easy in Belgium

It seems that Europe is also working on a general drone law, Hope this will change the law that is comming now later in 2016

Marnix

ps: I think i will go to fly in Netherland, the law for amateur pilots is not so restricted as in Belgum

More and more restrictions coming into force....slowly but surely (in the EU at least) you'll end up just being allowed to fly in your kitchen.

Reactions: kminton327

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31