New drone buyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im about to buy a drone and not quite an expert at this. The aim is linked to a project that Im currently working on - describing the history of my family. As part of that I want to do some photographing and filming, including aerial shots.

So Im having a couple of questions and wonder if anyone can answers these:

1. Im filming with an A77 at 1920*1080 (16:9) - do the GoPros go that far and what are the quality differences with the hero 3 vs 4 ? I think we have a max of 1020, but also 16:9.
2. How easily can a GoPro be attached and detached from the drone? If I go for a Hero cam, then I would like to use it during my travel also for other purposes.
3. Some of the shots will be taken in Serbia. Any recommendation how to get the Phantom there? I would like to use a backpack (ie from Think Tank), but how long does it take to make the drone ready for flying?
4. How are the rules, regulations and also behaviors in countries like Serbia in countryside or cities on drones? Any experience?
5. I have looked up the Phantom site several times, but Im still left confused as to what I should get? Is there somehwere a systematic review on the different phantoms with sample videos? Im not sure on which zenmuse to get either...
6. Is the flight planning possible with all models with Android and would I require a working internet connection? in foreign countries and in the countryside, this can become quite an obstacle...

Sorry, if some of these questions might be google-able, but I want to see which experience you have out there.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

I'll answer the questions I know answers to. In regard to who to buy from, all of the advertisers on this forum are great options. Feel free to click their banner and check out what they have to offer. I have bought from many of them myself.

2. The GoPro can be detached in 5 seconds from any of the Phantoms or gimbals. All you will need to add is the water housing and you are good to use it as normal.
3. There are plenty of backpacks/cases available from advertisers on here and other companies. I have used the Drone Packs Alpha Pack and like it alot. I have also used this one and enjoy it. The Phantom takes about 2-5 minutes to get ready. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01_KN4t3Ks
4. Rules and regulations differ by country/state.
5. It all depends on your specific uses. If you will list those, I can give a specific recommendation.
6.You need to have the Phantom 2 Vision or Phantom 2 Vision + to have waypoint flying in app. Otherwise you can get the iPad Ground Station for the Phantom 2.

Glad I could help out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4