New Dji Service, SkyPixel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this:

"The first look at a new service from DJI, SkyPixel. SkyPixel is a photo and video sharing website that DJI sponsored. Check out how to join and all the features:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9toogSJKdNs

YouTube is nice because there is the potential for none quad people to possibly come across the videos and become a fan and get into the hobby. The skypixel, will only appeal to current fans however. I don't see any advantage of it over YouTube, especially since putting things on Skypixel basically forfeits your rights to the content and just lets DJI have free advertising material.

DJI is pulling in $30M+ per month...they can't have my videos/pictures for free. ;)

Also...DJIGuy, you're pretty brave for leaving your phone number clearly visible on your Quad in your video!! ;)

Apologies, I'm feeling quite the cynic tonight.

YAWN. YouTube and Instagram already serve as excellent resources for posting drone video and photos.

If DJI wanted to be really innovative --- they would incorporate a payload dropping servo on the upcoming Phantom 3 so people can start getting some utility out of these flying machines. Aerial video DOES get boring rather quickly, even though many in here won't admit it. Now if we use Coffee's Ground Station app to send our Phantom on a 5 mile mission to deliver one of Grandma's delicious pumpkin cupcakes to our house --- now that is REAL innovation and moving the drone hobby forward in a big way! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie