new dji quad?

Reaction score
dji matrix 100.jpg
100.png
100.png

Looks good, but why 3 grand?

How come it's not on the dji site but is on goodluckbuy I wonder?

I heard about this last week and didn't pay much attention. Later that afternoon I wandered into a DJI dealer's new store in Bellevue, Washington, I asked the sales guy about the Matrix, he tells me he can't talk about it. Says he was just told they cannot discuss it, while his eyes dart around the shop to see who is listening. Asks me to talk about the Inspire or the P3. grabs an Inspire and takes it into the chained in flying area in a very quick attempt to redirect the conversation.
This got my curiosity piqued, so I drove to another DJI retailer in Woodinville, asked the sales kid there. He looked at the older guy behind the counter while telling me he'd never heard of it. I told him it was just announced, he said he'd have to research it. But both he and the owner(?) or manager behind the counter were both looking evasive...lol.

So why the reactions?

DJI has boldly denied to me, that they make it.
And that It is apparently a fake product. I don't get the secrecy either.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GoodnNuff
It takes two batteries and has anti avoidance sensors. It could easily have been called Inspire 2 but it's main purpose seems to be for application development.

This is more geared to developers and or commercial use.. I have very little information on it, since I have not received one yet.

€3599, €199 per battery and €1099 for the sensors. I'll pass.

Is the arm span 100cm? It looks pretty big, but that money is s800/s1000 territory.

Go to www.dji.com and you'll see it on their start page now.
Nothing fake or secret about it.
Seems they may have had some trouble with the name as it is now called Matrice 100.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/build-customize-and-program-your-own-system-with-dji’s-latest-tools.44441/

So two DJI employees either lied to me outright with a straight poker face, saying it was fake and they knew nothing about it, Or they were keeping the true info private, for the first while.
But why the banner ad on here, at phantompilots forum then? ;-)
It makes no difference to me, why they denied it was from DJI...

From a phone to DJI call, made on behalf . . .

Hey dude sorry to burst your bubble but...

Ann
Hi,Michael

Michael
Hi,
there is word on the forums that there is a dji matrix being released. Is this true? Can you please send me the link to the product page

Ann
well,Michael,we haven't been told about the matrix yet
what do you mean the matrix?

Michael
just saw that on the forums someone is saying how there is going to be a drone called the Matrix being released from dji. Just wanted to know if this is real or fake
i will try to find the link

Ann
oh,I see.But we haven't been told about it yet
sad.gif

Michael
here it is
http://forum.dji.com/thread-16111-1-1.html
theres even a purchase link on another website. so maybe this is just a knockoff

Ann
Yes,I think this is a knockoff too,because we don't even know about it

Michael
ok thanks

I see that DJI-Autumn deleted and edited her post in my thread also. ;-)

Why the deception and BS.
Anyway it matters little to me, & once I get my Phantom 3...

See ya

RedHotPoker

Doesn't compare to the S series. Comes with Lightbridge setup including FC and RC, battery system, etc. I agree, it's a little steep at $3k. Should be closer to $2k.

Glad to see something that isn't a fully closed system coming from DJI. It's basically an Inspire without the cam and fancy retracts. This could be modified for a nice small format camera rig.

So two DJI employees either lied to me outright with a straight poker face, saying it was fake and they knew nothing about it, Or they were keeping the true info private, for the first while.
It makes no difference to me, why they denied it was from DJI...

Ann
well,Michael,we haven't been told about the matrix yet
what do you mean the matrix?
Ann
oh,I see.But we haven't been told about it yet
sad.gif

Why the deception and BS.
You're too conspiracy-minded.
I can't see any evidence there of deception etc.
Like Ann told you twice .. she hadn't been told about it yet.
DJI phone people aren't the source of everything DJI-related.
There are dozens of cases on the forums that show that they are definitely not a reliable source for accurate information on new products.
DJI decided to delay the launch (for whatever reason) until they were ready and you got an early hint of it.
That's all there is to the story.

Reactions: dirkclod
Obstacle avoidance. :cool:
Just a few months ago many here argued that Amazon's delivery drones were nothing more than a publicity stunt because obstacle avoidance was still years away!
Can't imagine what technology we will see in the coming years. Wise that this drone and the new 3DR Solo both offer expansion capabilities. Seems to be the way of the future.

You're too conspiracy-minded.
I can't see any evidence there of deception etc.
Like Ann told you twice .. she hadn't been told about it yet.
DJI phone people aren't the source of everything DJI-related.
There are dozens of cases on the forums that show that they are definitely not a reliable source for accurate information on new products.
DJI decided to delay the launch (for whatever reason) until they were ready and you got an early hint of it.
That's all there is to the story.
I don't remember what day it was last week when this news broke in the morning across multiple forums. Jacob even posted about it here. By noon on every forum where a dealer had posted this announcement, the posts had been redacted.
I've never seen anything like it. Multiple dealers on multiple forums all at once, both with the announcement and then poof, coordinated retractions. It seemed almost too orchestrated like some crazy Chinese publicity stunt to pique everyone's attention.
I hate conspiracy theories, but this....

I'd say they were told to pull it with possible legal problems with the name hence the change from Matrix to Matrice?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Meta4,
I get that you want to defend their integrity. In your position, rightly so.
Though, DJI-Autumn isn't a phone person... She told me, on their own forum "...yeah probably fake".
Now her comment has been deleted and edited from My thread. Why the phony replies?
Deception, leads to what? Unhappy customer perhaps, distrust in their business practice.
I am not a conspiracy theorist, that was your explanation, not mine.
Ah, but at the same time, don't like being fed bs from company reps.

IF they couldn't discuss it, they shouldn't have been advertising it either,
In my humble...

Anyway, I think it looks silly and it isn't in my bucket list...
Wish them and all associated, Good luck with it. But be honest..

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic