NEW DJI Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub - Shipping Soon!

Reaction score
Happy Saturday!

Today we're happy to announce DJI's NEW Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub which is expected to begin shipping within the next 1-2 weeks! Below is a brief rundown of the new Charging Hub and a quick look at the expected design.

This hub will be practically identical to the recently released Inspire 1 Charging Hub but different in that it will cater to the Phantom 3 4S batteries as opposed to the Inspire's 6S batteries. The hub allows you to charge 4 batteries off one charger. When used, the charging hub automatically selects the individual battery with the highest amount of remaining power, and charges it until full before moving on to the next battery. The entire process is monitored and each battery’s status is shown using LED indicators, making the charging process simple and easy.

PRE-ORDER Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub - $90
https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-battery-charging-hub-part-53/

Phantom3ChargerHub.jpg

Pictured above is the Inspire 1 Charger Hub but it is assumed the Phantom 3 Hub will be a similar, if not identical design. If you have any questions regarding the new Battery Charging Hub from DJI for the Phantom 3 please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Mike

Happy Saturday!

Today we're happy to announce DJI's NEW Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub which is expected to begin shipping within the next 1-2 weeks! Below is a brief rundown of the new Charging Hub and a quick look at the expected design.

This hub will be practically identical to the recently released Inspire 1 Charging Hub but different in that it will cater to the Phantom 3 4S batteries as opposed to the Inspire's 6S batteries. The hub allows you to charge 4 batteries off one charger. When used, the charging hub automatically selects the individual battery with the highest amount of remaining power, and charges it until full before moving on to the next battery. The entire process is monitored and each battery’s status is shown using LED indicators, making the charging process simple and easy.

PRE-ORDER Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub - $90
https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-battery-charging-hub-part-53/

View attachment 25172

Pictured above is the Inspire 1 Charger Hub but it is assumed the Phantom 3 Hub will be a similar, if not identical design. If you have any questions regarding the new Battery Charging Hub from DJI for the Phantom 3 please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Mike
Kind of pointless get another charger for the same price and get them all charged in half the time.
It only charges one at a time till its done even if you plug all four in:confused:

Reactions: Hovtech
My smart charging strip charges 3 batteries in 2 hours and cost $12, works with the 100 watt OEM power supply or a larger after market one, not spending $90 just to keep from switching batteries.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DJI-...hile-charging-three-security/32349568363.html

I'd rather stick to something that is genuinely made by DJI, I know some of those aftermarket chargers work but would rather not fool around with LiPo chargers, not worth risking ruining 3 batteries and starting a fire. Not saying that it would but just like knowing that the product is made by DJI. I really look at the Hub as a convenience. I've got two 100W chargers and 6 batteries, will be next to be able to put 4 down and not have to worry about watching for when they're done.

I'd rather stick to something that is genuinely made by DJI, I know some of those aftermarket chargers work but would rather not fool around with LiPo chargers, not worth risking ruining 3 batteries and starting a fire. Not saying that it would but just like knowing that the product is made by DJI. I really look at the Hub as a convenience. I've got two 100W chargers and 6 batteries, will be next to be able to put 4 down and not have to worry about watching for when they're done.

Definately not for the timid or inexperienced.

But once you understand the 'supervision' of the intelligent portion of the battery you'd see that all they need is a regulated DC supply of the proper voltage with sufficient current capacity based on the pack count.

But your right, charging is arguably the most likely time to have a LiPo accident.

Even though it only charges one at a time, it can charge four batteries without supervision or intervention. I can plug in the 4 batteries after a nice afternoon flight and leave for dinner or go to bed knowing they will be ready in a few hours.

I need one :)

Even though it only charges one at a time, it can charge four batteries without supervision or intervention. I can plug in the 4 batteries after a nice afternoon flight and leave for dinner or go to bed knowing they will be ready in a few hours.

That's a pro for it. It also looks nicer than 4 chargers spread all over the place. The only con is like was said............ one-at-a-time charging. Not for me when I use all 6 batteries, then come home to charge them up again. Just a time factor. I didn't mean to disparage the thing, or crap on the vendor's thread.

Reactions: ctp
I think I'll look for a deal on a second 100w charger.

What I really should do is build up a charging harness for use with my iCharger 208 so I can really charge three or more batteries at one time.

:harry

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Putting LoPo batteries on to charge and leaving the house or going to bed is a good way to get a rude awakening or come home to a house on fire. LiPo charging should always be monitored. If I have to go somewhere I put them on a metal oven pan on the patio outside.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
That's a pro for it. It also looks nicer than 4 chargers spread all over the place. The only con is like was said............ one-at-a-time charging. Not for me when I use all 6 batteries, then come home to charge them up again. Just a time factor. I didn't mean to disparage the thing, or crap on the vendor's thread.

May I ask... You guys cannot wait a few hours between 2 sessions? Seems like a lot of you have 4 to 6 batteries and want to charge in 45 minutes then go out again :p Unless it's your job obviously!

There's a lot of scaremongering about batteries, with the original charger, can I plug and leave it all night long worry less or it need to be supervised?

Also buying spares batteries... I mean DJI is Chinese... Buying on eBay or so, what is the risk to be scammed and buy replicas?

May I ask... You guys cannot wait a few hours between 2 sessions? Seems like a lot of you have 4 to 6 batteries and want to charge in 45 minutes then go out again :p Unless it's your job obviously!

There's a lot of scaremongering about batteries, with the original charger, can I plug and leave it all night long worry less or it need to be supervised?

Also buying spares batteries... I mean DJI is Chinese... Buying on eBay or so, what is the risk to be scammed and buy replicas?
If you buy your batteries from an authorized reseller, or from DJI, they will be OEM, buying a no name brand on eBay is playing Russian roulette with your P3. And yes, LiPo batteries have been known to catch on fire during charging, rare to be sure, but it has happened, just search LiPo fires on youtube. It is a very good idea to supervise the charging process, but once the battery is charged and has shut off it is safe to leave it unattended. People seem to forget that all of the charging is monitored and controlled by the battery, and the 100 watt power Supply from DJI is just that, a power supply, not a charger.

I'll stick with my individual chargers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj