NEW DJI Phantom 2 Battery PH2-5200mAh-11.1V V2.0

Reaction score
Hello, I have just received the new DJI Phantom 2 intelligent battery Version 2.0 which has the new upgraded cells.
This is the model PH2-5200mAh-11.1V V2.0 which i believe has just been released this month, December 2014. Hopefully DJI is getting it right this time by fixing all battery related issues. :)

Here are the pictures of the new Phantom 2 battery Version 2.0

Attachments

• IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,568
  • IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 1,563
  • IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 1,633
Reactions: Mark The Droner
is there anything actually different flight time from the v1, or is it purely they've uprated the software from the factory

Upgraded cells....

Weird, this is the first I've heard of this upgraded battery. Just checked the 2 new ones I just got with my new P2 V2 and sure enough they are just like your picture - V2.0. Anyone have a link to info on what has actually changed?

If DJI would tell us anything about the new battery means they would have to admit that the old version had flaws and then they might owe us a replacement. The old version was supposed to be 300 charges, anybody get that many? They may have fixed the battery swelling problem but only after many had that problem.

Ha 300 charges? Not likely. I never got even 100 on any one battery. I've retired two, have two more questionable ones and 4 new ones (one Limefuel, two V2.0).

This is an old thread but thought id add to it. I just purchased a brand new batt off amazon for my P2V+(old version). The model # on the batt is PH2-5200.........When i flew with it for the first time i got 'Critial low Battery' warning at 48%. then 'System Error' at 47% and it autolanded. My old battery(which works fine) has model # 733496-5200......So it seems my brand new batt won't work in my old P2V+. totally frustrated.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
According to Amazon and the FAQ's and reviews, it seems to be real. The link in my last post will take you right to it. If they are not legit, that would be good to know...and exactly why.
4.5 stars out of 449 reviews is pretty strong positive feedback!

I think your right. I'd say that is legit. I am in Canada and don't see those kinds of deals on Amazon.ca. Ha.

This is an old thread but thought id add to it. I just purchased a brand new batt off amazon for my P2V+(old version). The model # on the batt is PH2-5200.........When i flew with it for the first time i got 'Critial low Battery' warning at 48%. then 'System Error' at 47% and it autolanded. My old battery(which works fine) has model # 733496-5200......So it seems my brand new batt won't work in my old P2V+. totally frustrated.

I would return that battery and it has nothing with how old your P2V+ is.

www.bhphotovideo.com they are supplier of photographic, videographic ,audio and quad equipment in NY. They are also an authorize dealer for DJI and 3DR quads

www.bhphotovideo.com they are supplier of photographic, videographic ,audio and quad equipment in NY. They are also an authorize dealer for DJI and 3DR quads

I've also bought almost $1,000 worth of photo gear from them in the last year or so, never had a problem. I need to get a spare battery, so will order from them, especially for just $89.

I had the same problem.
I was running the non-upgraded V+ with H33D Gorpo though and it may of been heavier than normal. Everytime I gave it stick, I would get the battery warning. I think the PH2-5200 batteries are more sensitive to voltage spikes.

Also, the PH2-5200 wont work with older phantom firmwares.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.