NEW DJI P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8 block old lipos

Happyflyer said:
GhostMaster said:
To fix DJI updates without user permission just do this:

Windows only:
Go to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS file (it's a plain ASCII text file that you can edit directly with Windows Notepad), like so:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

And restart, now the PC cant connect to DJI servers, problem solved, enjoy using the assistant without DJI sneaking with auto updates!
Well, GhostMaster since no one made any comment on your fix, I guess you and I are the only ones using Windows. Your fix worked when I tested it and as soon as I removed the "fix" DJI's camera update popped right in.

Yes Sir. Thank you Ghostmaster for the windows fix. Plus thanks for getting the word out about DJI sneaky tactics. I could have lost 3 Limefuel batteries. Pre-ordered a Limeful 6000mah today. And last but not least no Inspire pre-order for me.

PHANTOM 2 VISION+ Product Release Notes
© 2014 DJI. All Rights Reserved. 1
Firmware Updates on November 28
Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.10.
Major New Features
a) Fixed potential gimbal issues that may arise when the remote controller signal is lost.
b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom.
c) Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass.

Same thing... I bet third party lipos are now block and the genuine ones work as expected...

GhostMaster said:
.....I bet third party lipos are now block and the genuine ones work as expected...
Yes, don't update batteries. We can only hope DJI batteries work as expected, you never know.... :roll:

Ugh, another update. Why do I feel I'm going to end up being the Guinea Pig for this one and Limefuel Batteries? My common sense says don't update. My stupid curiosity wants me to check. lol

On Vision forum one stated that you could connect to the SW and internet with a valid DJI battery installed. Then go out and fly with the Limefuel. Anyone know if that has bee validated?

I have not heard of Limfuel's being blocked (yet) Only a limefuel owner mistakingly updating the batteries firmware with DJI firmware.

I know of ONBO batteries blocked by P330CB update version 1.0.2.8

Unfortunately I now care about this issue, as I now have a P2 that won't start with any of my batteries. I have several DJI batteries about a year old, a couple NukeRC's, and several Limefuel 5400's. I've been working on the P2, and updating other aspects of its firmware, and apparently the DJI virus came along for the ride. Can't start the bird with any of my batteries. WTF!?! I am also curious why this thread has been dormant for 3 months. I searched for several terms associated with this problem, and don't see a solution anywhere. If there is one, please point me to it.

Very pissed at DJI this evening.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Unfortunately I now care about this issue, as I now have a P2 that won't start with any of my batteries. I have several DJI batteries about a year old, a couple NukeRC's, and several Limefuel 5400's. I've been working on the P2, and updating other aspects of its firmware, and apparently the DJI virus came along for the ride. Can't start the bird with any of my batteries. WTF!?! I am also curious why this thread has been dormant for 3 months. I searched for several terms associated with this problem, and don't see a solution anywhere. If there is one, please point me to it.

Very pissed at DJI this evening.

Kelly
Sorry to state the obvious, but. If none of your batteries allow the motors to start, and you have been working on the P2, are you sure the GPS plug is connected properly to the main board. And, that the RC is bound to the P2. ?

Same P2 worked with ALL batteries earlier in the day. Also, same batteries continuing to work with my other P2.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Same P2 worked with ALL batteries earlier in the day. Also, same batteries continuing to work with my other P2.

Kelly
I wasnt suspecting the batteries - I was suspecting the quad ? :(

P2 is definitely bound to the radio, as I can tilt camera prior to motor start attempt, and iOSD confirms GPS vs ATTI, etc. yes, problem is definitely with the P2' not the batteries....

Did you check the battery post making sure the small pins are making contact as they should?

What batteries for old p2 on v2 firmware?

I have a p2 that I had never updated beyond v2.0
Have 2 original batteries purchased in early 2014 that works just fine. Want to get a third, what battery can I get that won't require me to update p2 firmware to use? After seeing all these update that adds various restriction and reduce speed, I don't want to update firmware anymore.

This appears to have been a battery data pin issue, not a firmware issue. My apologies.

I am hopeful that v3.12 firmware will let you wrestle control from the GHome/FS that kicks in when the data pin connection goes awry. Fine to signal to me that something is wrong, but let me bring it home if I toggle GPS/ATTI/GPS.

Kelly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj