NEW DJI P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8 block old lipos

I asked the question what changed in p330cb 1.0.2.8 firmware update on the DJI forum. They replied with a screenshot of what should show up at the start of the update (1.0.2.7 - 1.0.2.8 changelog) - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en I don't know if they just added this update info to the update or if it was there from when they released 1.0.2.8.

So changelog for 1.0.2.8 p330cb firmware:

1. Check the GPS status from DJI Vision app.
2. Fix the gimbal problem when the remote control cannot connect to the phantom.
3. Improve the communication between the smart battery and the phantom.

I have asked if the new update bricks 1.6.0.0 batteries. Will see what they reply.

To fix DJI updates without user permission just do this:

Windows only:
Go to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS file (it's a plain ASCII text file that you can edit directly with Windows Notepad), like so:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

And restart, now the PC cant connect to DJI servers, problem solved, enjoy using the assistant without DJI sneaking with auto updates!

DJI's response to me on twitter about the battery issue was "DJI is not interested in anti-competitive practices, we are only interested in ensuring safe flights for our owners."

Total B.S. However did they just accidentally admit their older batteries were not safe?

I wonder if taking this issue to the likes of Engadget or Gizmodo might give DJI enough bad PR to "adjust" their approach?

Then it appear that firmware updates are finished for me because I don't plan to never going to connect the assistant with an internet connection, at least while my limefuel is useful.

So, for whatever reason, I let the PCB update go ahead tonight. My DJI batteries are all v2.6.0.0 so I didn't have any concerns with those. I do have one Limefuel 5400mah battery running bootloader 1.3.0.0 with firmware 1.6.0.0. Updated, power cycled and y'know what? The battery still worked perfectly. No errors, P2 powered up and ran fine.

Interesting.

cellarboy said:
So, for whatever reason, I let the PCB update go ahead tonight. My DJI batteries are all v2.6.0.0 so I didn't have any concerns with those. I do have one Limefuel 5400mah battery running bootloader 1.3.0.0 with firmware 1.6.0.0. Updated, power cycled and y'know what? The battery still worked perfectly. No errors, P2 powered up and ran fine.

Interesting.

LImefuel confirmed their Lipos work fine, but other are beeing blocked, but wait for the next update tomorrow, i suspect it will block all third party lipos...

Be careful about this new updates from DJI!

cellarboy said:

Interesting.
Sounds good. Especially since I pre-ordered the limefuel 6000.

cellarboy said:

Interesting.
That is good news indeed!
cellarboy, please do keep us apprised of your experiences going forward; for that matter, anyone else using third party batteries, this might be a good Forum topic to use as a database to determine which third party batteries are confirmed working and which ones do not. . .
Thanks in advance!

Damon said:
Sounds good. Especially since I pre-ordered the limefuel 6000.
Dear Damon,
I know they are not available yet, but once you receive your Limefuel 6000, I hope you will post a review as others have done with the ONBO "DJI Phantom 2" "6000 mAH" Battery.
Pretty please with sugar on top :mrgreen:

GhostMaster said:
TTongr 5400 dont work with p330cb 1.0.2.8 firmware update.
Thank you for your input GhostMaster. Interestingly, I personally bought one of those exact ones about six months ago, and it NEVER worked from day one. I received a refund from the seller and got to keep the battery. I use it to power up my FPV Monitor. It works great for that. :cool:

ATC Drone Flyer said:
GhostMaster said:
TTongr 5400 dont work with p330cb 1.0.2.8 firmware update.
Thank you for your input GhostMaster. Interestingly, I personally bought one of those exact ones about six months ago, and it NEVER worked from day one. I received a refund from the seller and got to keep the battery. I use it to power up my FPV Monitor. It works great for that. :cool:
One batch had a problem on the smart lipo PCB, besides that the lipo is good.
I got one of that too, the next batch is good, works very well, no problem.

GhostMaster said:
One batch had a problem on the smart lipo PCB, besides that the lipo is good.
I got one of that too, the next batch is good, works very well, no problem.
Good to know! Thanks for the amplifying information. . . ;)

If I've bricked yet another LimeFuel by this silent update which happened today, I'm going to be annoyed!

GhostMaster said:

Windows only:
Go to C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS file (it's a plain ASCII text file that you can edit directly with Windows Notepad), like so:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

And restart, now the PC cant connect to DJI servers, problem solved, enjoy using the assistant without DJI sneaking with auto updates!
Well, GhostMaster since no one made any comment on your fix, I guess you and I are the only ones using Windows. Your fix worked when I tested it and as soon as I removed the "fix" DJI's camera update popped right in.

GhostMaster said:

Windows only:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

Macs also have a hosts file. Just google: mac edit hosts file

Happyflyer said:
GhostMaster said:

Windows only:

add this
127.0.0.1 dji.com

Well, GhostMaster since no one made any comment on your fix, I guess you and I are the only ones using Windows. Your fix worked when I tested it and as soon as I removed the "fix" DJI's camera update popped right in.
I notice that too, dji uses multiple servers to updates...

AnselA said:
I set firewall to block Vision Assistant connections to internet.
Another good example of stopping DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20