New DJI Official Phantom 3 Sun Shields

Mine is light and made from a foam floor tile
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437193883.755743.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437193912.214027.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437193941.408237.jpg

Can anyone share pictures to see how this sun shade for iPad mini looks like one mounted on the remote?

Can anyone share pictures to see how this sun shade for iPad mini looks like one mounted on the remote?
As soon as I get mine I'll post some pics up for ya;) I know other people have already received there's so they may be able to help sooner;)

Hi AYA74,
Just received my DJI sun screen today, many thanks to RC Geeks again, top shop & very helpful;)

Just taken a couple of pic for ya to see what it looks like with the iPad mini. Only difference is mine is on a Inspire 1 receiver not a P3 but it give you a good idea what it looks like.

It's very well made & looks like it will cut out a lot of sun glare.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: AYA74
image.jpg To RC Geeks, it's my 2nd purchase from you guys & again you've not let me down.;)

Hey Clampit, I'm glad.

If you need anything just let me know :)

Thanks

Hey Clampit, I'm glad.

If you need anything just let me know :)

Thanks
Your more than welcome RC Geeks, yep I'll defo be back;) need more stuff for my I1,:)

Tested my dji sun screen out today in full sun:( not very good guys..... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just letting you know:(
I moved around, adjusted the angel of the screen, still not very good.

Gonna have to revert back to my iPhone 6 & my shadeo sun screen.:( Only just bought my iPad mini.........

Tested my dji sun screen out today in full sun:( not very good guys..... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just letting you know:(
I moved around, adjusted the angel of the screen, still not very good.

Gonna have to revert back to my iPhone 6 & my shadeo sun screen.:( Only just bought my iPad mini.........

Maybe have a look at the Hoodivision ones. They are angled a little differently so that you don't get the mirror effect like you do with standard hoods. I have an iPad mini one in the classified section of this site, since I upgraded to an Air 2 soon after I bought it. Using the Padhat for the Air 2 now and it's quite nice.

Maybe have a look at the Hoodivision ones. They are angled a little differently so that you don't get the mirror effect like you do with standard hoods. I have an iPad mini one in the classified section of this site, since I upgraded to an Air 2 soon after I bought it. Using the Padhat for the Air 2 now and it's quite nice.
Yep been looking at the hoodivision screens, looks like that's the way to go, are they any good? Do you get any reflection problems with them? Need as much info as I can get before I order one;)

Just rec'd my Hoodivision for iPad Air. With the shade on, it's difficult to get the P3 holder to clamp, it's very tight. It's overcast, so I can't comment on the sun glare reduction yet. The Hoodivision angle forces you to tilt the iPad down so that it's almost horizontal. P3 holder is unstable feeling with the extra weight - I ordered an Inspire holder, should be here later this week.

That's what I'll be using it on an inspire RC, before I throw anymore money at a screen I need to get as much info as possible;)

Just could see anything on the screen with the dji one:( my other screen made by shadeo is brilliant but it's for my iPhone 6..

I like it. It definitely knocks out the glare, though as Kaos said, the tablet needs to go back against the controller for the angle to work, so there is a sweet spot you need to hit. I have an inspire holder on my P3 remote as well - very stable with the iPad Air. I also experience the tight fit in the clamp but it works. Obviously not an issue on the mini version though. I have noticed that some people don't like them because the angle isn't completely straight on, but it's got to be offset or you won't prevent any glare.

My shadeo sun screen is angled that I use with my iPhone 6

image.jpg That works brilliant for me, the other screen is the DJI one, see the difference, really not much of an angle hence why my iPad mini screen still gets washed out.

Thanks for the above post, defo pushing me more towards the hoodivision;)

I'm now the proud owner of a hoodivision sun screen, 100% better than the DJI one;) I tested it today, yep it's briilant;) no reflection & I can see the screen on a very sunny day;) I would highly recommend it over anything else.

Top product it my eyes;)

I'm now the proud owner of a hoodivision sun screen, 100% better than the DJI one;) I tested it today, yep it's briilant;) no reflection & I can see the screen on a very sunny day;) I would highly recommend it over anything else.

Top product it my eyes;)
Agreed, the 70 degree angle stops reflective light and is a better option than all other 90 degrees shades.

I bought this summit shade from Amazon. It's ok but I just ordered the hoodivision shade this week to try out. The summit is a hassle to string the cable through the side hole, a bit awkward and slightly big for iPad mini.

Attachments

• 1440013836585.jpg
    1440013836585.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 285

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl