New DJI Official Phantom 3 Sun Shields

Just mounted the Inspire Tablet Holder onto my Phantom 3. Works perfect. WOW ! what a difference in stability. I made sure to use the screw that comes with Inspire Holder. Thanks for all the advice on here! we fly! :)

I haven't seen any mention of it on here yet, so thought I'd share the news that DJI has released their first official sun shields compatible with the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 transmitters.

Available in a tablet and smartphone version.

RCGeeks-sun-shield.jpg
I pre-ordered one from you guys last Saturday for my inspire 1, hope they are as good as they look;)

I took a standard shade like that and used cardboard to close it up.

I left just a narrow slot to look through and another slot so I can touch the tablet.

Works really well, no glare at all.

Have similar one for the air 2, without upgrading to the Inspire mount its too top heavy for long periods. Works great on the tripod mount though
Have a photo of what you mean with the Tripod mount?

Looking forward to receiving mine, blimey.. need it at the mo all I see is my ugly face on the iPad screen:D

I got the Inspire holder. It makes huge difference in stability and should not break long-term. Still debating about which sunshade to get for my iPad Air 2.

Really getting tired of my cheap shade reused from my BP P2 days. I don't think the shade in the link provided will be any better as heat is the killer now of my iPad screen. The Shield seems to be the consensus screen but besides justifying the cost I don't want to lose the additional functionality that comes with iOS app. Anybody have any solution for tablet heating problem (mini usb fan plugged into controller?)

Mine came in last night, I like it and the way you can just fold it up and deploy quick and easy is nice.

Mine came in last night, I like it and the way you can just fold it up and deploy quick and easy is nice.

How well does it work when it is super sunny outside? The shade from DJI looks like like the one from Summitlink and that one sucked. I mostly saw my reflection on the screen.

Just got mine. Black felt inside to disperse ambient light. A quality build.

Thanks for the info, just can't wait for my one now, hopefully it will stop me looking at myself in the iPad screen, oh it's not a pretty site:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1