New DJI Official Phantom 3 Sun Shields

I have the Phantom 3 and just ordered this shade above....So I should now order the Inspire Mount? Would you have a link for that? thanks!!

The Inspire tablet mount is 10 fold better than the one that comes with the Phantom 3! I put one on this week and my iPad Air 2 is so stable now. No wobble at all. If you are going to get the sunshade, do yourself a favor and get the Inspire tablet mount first. Just my 2 cents...

I have the Phantom 3 and just ordered this shade above....So I should now order the Inspire Mount? Would you have a link for that? thanks!!

I do not have the Inspire mount so I can't say, though I have been told it makes it more sturdy. People on these forums have good things to say about doing that upgrade. Tightening all of the screws on the P3 mount helps quite a bit. I don't have a link if you search the forums you will find it!
If I am doing photo/video intensive stuff, mounting the ipad and sun shade on a tripod is the way to go.

This makes the monitor system top heavy. Wish for a fix for the monitor mount without having to buy the Inspire mount.

Yeah, and you guys need to be careful with the bottom screw that is in the middle of the sticks above the power button/rth button if you want to use the I1 mount. I had to dremmel out the little screw. It took me a while and was not easy. Be careful and don't overtighten that one. The plastic gives easy and will just spin at that point.

That being said, the I1 mount was worth every bit of 30 bucks. This should have been included initially.

Hey 2nd
Question: I noticed a new update on DJI Pilot app today June 26th on my IPAD MINI 3 that I use with Phantom 3. So I updated it. So know do I have to update it on my controller and my Phantom 3? Im a rookie on this. I just updated the firmware a couple weeks ago. Is this something I have to also do on Phantom 3? Thanks for your help.....
You are good with just updating the app on the iPad mini3. The RC and Phantom use firmware. In fact, I'm running the new app with the last revision of firmware.

Thanks for all the advice. Ordering the Inspire mount from B and H. Is there much to changing it out. I have never taken the stock one off my Phantom 3.

Yeah, and you guys need to be careful with the bottom screw that is in the middle of the sticks above the power button/rth button if you want to use the I1 mount. I had to dremmel out the little screw. It took me a while and was not easy. Be careful and don't overtighten that one. The plastic gives easy and will just spin at that point.

That being said, the I1 mount was worth every bit of 30 bucks. This should have been included initially.

So sounds like replacing the Phantom 3 tablet holder and replacing with Inspire one is a bit tricky.
Maybe you could make a Youtube on how to do that with dremmel? thanks!!

No dremmel needed for me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Inspire tablet mount is 10 fold better than the one that comes with the Phantom 3! I put one on this week and my iPad Air 2 is so stable now. No wobble at all. If you are going to get the sunshade, do yourself a favor and get the Inspire tablet mount first. Just my 2 cents...
Did you have any issue with exchanging the stock one on Phantom 3 with Inspire. Did you have to dremmel out the little screw above the power button on the Inspire mount? Im ordering one from B and H. --thanks!!

what size washer is that? great idea!
Here's what I used, got it at Lowes in the Specialty Hardware section. No need to bend it like in the first video.
IMG_8831.JPG

Did you have any issue with exchanging the stock one on Phantom 3 with Inspire. Did you have to dremmel out the little screw above the power button on the Inspire mount? Im ordering one from B and H. --thanks!!
Received my Inspire holder from B&H this week, no dremmel needed. Just be sure to use the screw that comes with the new mount, it is a different size (bigger) than the P3. <5 min install. Super easy. The new holder is much more rigid now, holds the Ipad Air2 firmly in place.

Received my Inspire holder from B&H this week, no dremmel needed. Just be sure to use the screw that comes with the new mount, it is a different size (bigger) than the P3. <5 min install. Super easy. The new holder is much more rigid now, holds the Ipad Air2 firmly in place.
Does it have an aluminum mounting arm? That is a much better price.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips! ordered one from B and H will make sure to use the screw that comes with it

As I see it there is a full cover on the back which is going to hold heat in. That is a problem with the Ipad and the back needs to be open for cooling in warmer weather. I made my first one from cardboard with a full back and my ipad got very warm on a 76Deg day. I then cut out most of the back and ran it again the same amount of time and MUCH cooler.
If you look around most of the better made ones have an open back.

Just a word of caution.

Does it have an aluminum mounting arm? That is a much better price.
Yes, it comes with the aluminum mounting arm. Although the picture isn't very clear on their site. Super rigid compared to the stock plastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic