New DJI GO iOS update

I have a P3P... iPhone 6s Plus with 9.0.2 and DJI GO app 2.3. The app crashes several times over two batteries worth of flights. Then...sometimes...it won't crash at all. It's very strange. It is also very unsettling to have your $1300 aircraft hovering 75 feet or more in the air and the app that supposed to be your eyes just disappears. Unfortunately I got the P3P AFTER iOS 9 came out so I have no experience with the app before that...and my iPhone came with iOS 9 preinstalled. It has had this problem ever since I got it. I thought it was normal but I'm glad to see here that it's not. I will say that when I was on version 2.2 I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but that didn't do any good. The app still crashed. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall 2.3. I might try later but I'm not very optimistic. I hope DJI gets us a stable app soon. I have some shoots I'd like to do but I'm afraid with a flaky app.
Not that it my help but turn it on airplane mode to see if it helps. I downgraded back to ISO 8.4 which did make a big difference, so glad I caught it before they took it away. Msinger posted on here a good thread on iPhone, what to do to help with issues, I will try to find it. It can't hurt to try.

Could it possibly be the order in which the updates are loaded? IOS first then DJI Go app, or vice versa.. Seems strange that some are reporting success and no crashes where others are quite the opposite. For me, I deleted the DJI Go app, then updated to IOS 9.02, then installed the app again and it's been perfect.. No lag, no crashes. iPad Mini 2 wifi only.
I think I will do that as well. I flew today and had the app crash twice but started back up ok. I have not installed the new 9.02 yet on my ipad air 2 but it did update the app. there is no lag and all seems good. well I take that back because last night I tried to fly and all 3 of my ipads had serious lag and gray screen, so I turned everyone off completely and re started and only had the app crash once last nite but no lag . well except for the app crashes on the flight today.. ugg I just wish I could go fly anytime and not worry about this and that! come to think of it after reading an ealier post my app crashed when I was messing with taking a picture and going between taking pictures and movies in flight.. just saying.

Last edited:
Where do you update it from
my ipad did an auto update, I have now turned that function off. Just go to your apps store and do an update, I usually do an update all to keep everything current.

If you delete the dji GO app and then reinstall it, will you loose all your previous flight data?

You should sync to the cloud account before you delete the app and everything should still be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike Mauk and JB-I
Yes, can't use ground station facility because it crashes the app when you swipe left. Just tried an Android tablet and app seems to be responding fine. Time to test fly.

iPhone 6s+ with latest update. All seems to work fine with a one time app crash on second flight. Been fine since.

I think I will do that as well. I flew today and had the app crash twice but started back up ok. I have not installed the new 9.02 yet on my ipad air 2 but it did update the app. there is no lag and all seems good. well I take that back because last night I tried to fly and all 3 of my ipads had serious lag and gray screen, so I turned everyone off completely and re started and only had the app crash once last nite but no lag . well except for the app crashes on the flight today.. ugg I just wish I could go fly anytime and not worry about this and that! come to think of it after reading an ealier post my app crashed when I was messing with taking a picture and going between taking pictures and movies in flight.. just saying.
Same here...it crashes very frequently. I just want to fly without worrying the whole time that I'm going to look down and see my home screen.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Went flying yesterday and looks like there is a new app for the iPad Air. The camera settings now has a menu and the camera icons slides from left for video and/or photo. How come we never got a notification vof this update. I wasn't sure if I should fly or not. Flew three flight close to home and not too high. Anybody know anything about this update 2.3.0
I'd read back through the posts here John. That's what most of this thread is about. There is a lot of information here.

I find it Fn annoying that DJI does not notify us of an update and what the update is suppose to do. I must say though there was no crash on three short flights 2/3 of a battery
Yeah it's strange. I've flown through two batteries completely without any problems. I've also flown through 1/2 battery and had it crash 3 times.

Have a New phantom 3 advance and when I use my new iPad Air 2 the copter has many issues doesn't tel me in the about section what version my copter or my remote is in and the iPad is updated completely the iOS and the app even won't read the ad card says ad card is no good and its stock brand new took update ok and all to both copter and remote so I put in my iPhone 6 plus running the older 8.4 and everything works perfect I think there are problems with either iOS 9 or the DJI app the app is the only thing that shows what version its in on the iPad in the about section of the app but nothing else please fix the problem DJI or if it's apple communicate with them and tell them to fix the problems please dying to fly with my new Phantom 3 Adams iPad Air 2 or someone please help.

I don't understand how one can be flawless and another cause nothing but trouble. Does anyone know. Bewildered
I have some "flawless" flights too...but I also have many app crashes. It's random. I'm not sure what's causing it but for your own sake please don't get a false sense of security because you had a good flight with no problems. I've gone through a couple of batteries without any issues at all. Then...within 10 seconds of the next flight...it crashes.

When I first started out it was great, I had total confidence in my p3p but now.... My confidence is shaken probably will be a while before I get it back. I wonder what happened? Was DJI under pressure and released updates before they were fully debugged.
I don't really know. I don't have as much problem with the fact that the app or something is buggy...my problem is that there is zero communication as to whether or not they're addressing it. I bought my P3P to have for this time of year. The scenery is beautiful. I'm just afraid to use it because I never know when it's going to crash. We're not talking about a buggy game app. This thing gives feedback to/from a $1300 aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie