New DJI Drone???

Reaction score
Rumor going around a few german forums is that DJI is going to release yet another drone next month.... Alot of people are going to be pissed....

New products are a sign of a healthy company.
Why is this news and why would anyone be pissed?

Reactions: ViperNuke
Alot of people just spent alot of money on a P3 and if DJI releases something better or more advance for a similar price... That might upset some people....

Anyways saw this on FB.. not sure if this is the drone being talked about in the rumor mills...

Carolina Dronz

Yes ,many will be pissed off.(Pissed off is UK speak for pissed, whereas in UK, pissed means drunk,yeah we all know this anyway,does that make sense,no I am not pissed,yet), I have decided to skip a generation, and jump from my P2V+ to the P4 or whatever comes next.
These days it is like an arms race 9-12 months between models, the P3 standard will annoy those that bought the higher models,the P3 Pro with 4K will annoy the Inspire 1 customers. DJI know how to do it.

11888082_1622247994707406_7694997078812040534_n.png

If you wait for the latest products you'll never own anything new.
Just buy what makes you happy and enjoy it. ;)

I hope it's a add you own cam bird (GoPro) with gimbal let's call it a P3Z :D

Yes ,many will be pissed off.(Pissed off is UK speak for pissed, whereas in UK, pissed means drunk,yeah we all know this anyway,does that make sense,no I am not pissed,yet), I have decided to skip a generation, and jump from my P2V+ to the P4 or whatever comes next.
These days it is like an arms race 9-12 months between models, the P3 standard will annoy those that bought the higher models,the P3 Pro with 4K will annoy the Inspire 1 customers. DJI know how to do it.
Not to mention the British expression "Talking the piss..."
If DJI gets into racing quads, and I'm sure there's a market for those, it won't ever interest me in the least. We're photographers, they're racers. Two completely different products. Even if they sell for $250 you can still include me out.

Not to mention the British expression "Talking the piss..."
If DJI gets into racing quads, and I'm sure there's a market for those, it won't ever interest me in the least. We're photographers, they're racers. Two completely different products. Even if they sell for $250 you can still include me out.
Yes we do talk the piss,when drunk, but the expression is more usually "Taking the piss" in this case. I love it we share a language, and develop it how we want. Agree, I just like to do photography, so the camera is the important bit for me, as well as how long we stay up in the air, and hopefully it always comes home. Greetings from the UK.

If that's the quad... it looks like a blowdryer with props LOL...
controller doesn't seem to have home button

I don't know.... nothing about it makes me wish I didn't have my 2 P3P's :)

At first glance, I was thinking that DJI were looking to compete with Parrot's Bebob drone. Now, I'm thinking they're looking to get into racing quads as mentioned above.

Reactions: Creef412
Yes we do talk the piss,when drunk, but the expression is more usually "Taking the piss" in this case. I love it we share a language,Greetings from the UK.
When someone is drunk making false allegations we call that talking sh!t :p

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah, if they release a P3P that can accept the Zenmuse gimbal, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

You and me both. Something that'll haul a Sony RX100IV would be nice!

Whatever that is, it passes the Photoshop BS test. It looks real.

Anything with a proprietary power system is a deal-breaker for me.

Reactions: Jayfdee and SanCap
Racing quads? No way. Racing quads are a tiny market. Billion dollar companies don't try to enter tiny markets where prices are already very competitive.

I would also think that Inspire line will be refreshed before Phantoms.

How many versions of Phantom 2s do we have? I lost count with all the little tweaks, motor changes, gimbal control, etc. It might be a small change. V2 version.

The photo above looks like an even cheaper option than P3S. Digital gimbal, no HD video transmission. $400 for lower end market. This makes sense. Not everyone wants or needs amazing aerial video. Most people use cell phones to snap pics and it's good enough. This sort of quad - with digital image stabilization - would be cheap and accessible. For the sort of people who buy P&S instead of dSLR.

You and me both. Something that'll haul a Sony RX100IV would be nice!

Whatever that is, it passes the Photoshop BS test. It looks real.

It always struck me as odd that a big and powerful Inspire is still carrying a tiny sensor that any small quad carries.

DJI is a photography gear company and it's only a matter of time that they address the biggest complaint photographers have these days: sensor. Micro 4/3 is coming to Inspire, I can feel it. :) But the photo above has nothing to do with it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31