New DJI Carbon Reinforced Props... I love them !

rotorwash said:
From what I have seen the DJI 9443's have a longer flight time but lag in performance compared to the newer 9450's. The 9450's with greater thrust will ascend and descend much faster and change direction faster compared to the 9443's. So if your looking for longer flight and not too worried about razor like movements I would use the 9443's If its all about speed and movements the 9450's.

I have not seen much difference in performance between CF and normal blades to warrant the cost. Also its worth buying DJI brands compared to counterfeits
these are DJI carbon props, & are 9443's so will give you the longer flight time you mentioned. & there a whole pound dearer per pair than the 9450's

Did you say they are more responsive than the normal 9450's? I know you said only a 5 min flight. I would like to hear your impression when you fly them all. I'm interested and hope they don't chip easily like the full on CF

rotorwash said:
Did you say they are more responsive than the normal 9450's? I know you said only a 5 min flight. I would like to hear your impression when you fly them all. I'm interested and hope they don't chip easily like the full on CF
yes it was only a very short flight due to high winds, but did feel more responsive. I wasn't too impressed with the 9450's, but as said i'm hoping to do a back-to-back comparison with them all soon (got 4 batteries so should be able to give them all a good bash)

rotorwash said:
All the reviews I have seen with the props tell me that the plastic/nylon are the best.

Cons with the CF props include fragile, expense, lower flight time, and Increase vibration.

I would like to read a comparison between the Cf and the the new nylon props from DJI 9450. I for one would like to have a prop that increases flight time, decrease noise would also be nice.

That's not quite correct, CF props must be balanced on a prop balancer before use to eliminate the vibration. As for flight time, if anything it is increased slightly. Genuine Plastic DJI props weigh in around 12g each, my CF props are only 7.5g each.
Not going to go into a big spiel about CF props again, but I have used them for over a year & think they're brilliant. I use ARRIS NON self-tightening CF props (cannot be used on the new 2312 motors as the shaft on the motor is not keyed/notched) Yes, they shatter like glass if they hit a wall or something and are very sharp, but with due care and responsible flying the risks are negligible.

rotorwash said:
got to fly a bit longer & compare the CF9443's against the 9450's. The 9450's certainly felt tamer & made the flight alot smoother, i did try to do a speed comparison but for some reason the results were miles off what i've had out of it before (top speed is 43.3mph, today it struggled to get into the 20's). I must say tho, the 9450's are REALLY so much quieter than the CF9443's, they were very stealthy & could easily lose the noise with the road traffic

i think the 9450's are a better, smoother, quieter prop for filming. But has to be the CF9443's for fun. I'll try & do a more intense test once the wind dies off

Is there a 9450 version of the newer "carbon fiber reinforced" props? I can't seem to locate any, only the regular plastic 9450's.

Are they quiet?

QYV said:
Is there a 9450 version of the newer "carbon fiber reinforced" props? I can't seem to locate any, only the regular plastic 9450's.
no i haven't seen any, only the 9443's

ThePhantom said:
Are they quiet?
not really, the sound is alot more noticable than the plastic ones

p fandango said:
QYV said:
no i haven't seen any, only the 9443's

cool thanks.

regarding sound, I'm trying out some tri-blade props whenever they show up from China, people say they're more quiet *shrug* we'll see

QYV said:
cool thanks.

regarding sound, I'm trying out some tri-blade props whenever they show up from China, people say they're more quiet *shrug* we'll see
:roll:
My experience with tri-blades was frustrating. They did not have a notch to fit on the motor bells, so I reamed them out and attached them with the separate nuts that came with the Phantom. I still worried they might spin off, so I used some loctite and added a wrench to my kit to take them on and off since the bird wouldn't fit in its case with them on.

They were a PIA to balance. They were much heavier than stock blades, made the motors hot and created little lift but much noise. I threw them in the trash and am very happy with 9450. I like them so much I mailed all my 9443s to another member on PP.

MHL

Just be aware of yhe damage they could cause in sn accident. I used them with prop guards and a tip over landing had the props slice clean through the plastic guards. The props weren't even marked!

Fplvert said:
My experience with tri-blades was frustrating.

thanks for the tips. I'm indeed expecting some balancing/tuning and for the motors to work a little harder, but I don't intend to run them all the time.

So what's the point of tri props ? There's been numerous post on RC groups about tri props. Always ended with disappointment.

if you're asking me, like I said all I want is noise reduction occasionally.

QYV said:
if you're asking me, like I said all I want is noise reduction occasionally.

You know, for the occasional covert mission at a window :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20