New DJI 9450 Props coming out for P/P2/E300

FASTFJR said:
I bought 3 pairs a few weeks ago. I flew two batteries on new (old) props.....15 min at 20%. Then I put on the 9450's and flew two more batteries......average was 17.20 at 20%. I have the 3 axis gimbal, AVAL 58 and GP 3 installed. So far I like them! FYI.... I flew each set unbalanced. I don't check unless I notice I have an issue.......so far no issues

Cool. I didn't know there was a whole thread going on these. I just ordered some and am awaiting delivery. I've heard it both ways. Some say longer flight time, some say shorter. Sounds like they are working as advertised for you. That extra 2 mins is a nice, little bonus :D

E_T said:
FASTFJR said:
Cool. I didn't know there was a whole thread going on these. I just ordered some and am awaiting delivery. I've heard it both ways. Some say longer flight time, some say shorter. Sounds like they are working as advertised for you. That extra 2 mins is a nice, little bonus :D

Higher-thrust props will always mean a shorter flight time. The extra energy has to come from somewhere, and the only place it can come from is the motors, and hence, ultimately, the battery. You never get something for nothing in this game.

I am using the new props regularly and I am seeing that I am to get to 500 feet about 20 seconds more quickly than before. I like this because I just want to get up there for a photograph, sometimes, and doing it a bit more quickly is the more important thing over total flight time.

HarryT said:
E_T said:
FASTFJR said:

Higher-thrust props will always mean a shorter flight time. The extra energy has to come from somewhere, and the only place it can come from is the motors, and hence, ultimately, the battery. You never get something for nothing in this game.

True, but if they are more efficient and the motors don't have to work as hard, wouldn't that have an effect? Why do they advertise "extra 2 minutes of flight time" in the product description if it's not true?

Just rec'd a couple of sets from DJI and I'll post video of results in near future. Initially I noticed and improvement in response but haven't compared times. I'm using on 3 totally different UAVs and so far been pretty impressed w/response to stick input. They're still the aggressive P2 design but fly similar to the old P1 rounded blades. Especially of my 450 & Kong both showed improved smoothness and response.

I have been using them now for a couple of weeks. Haven't noticed a big difference. The only thing I did notice is that the angry bees nest sound of the phantom, seems to be a little less angry. Maybe my imagination, but I like them better for that, alone.

HarryT said:
E_T said:
FASTFJR said:

Maybe so but I ran the test again this morning. I climb to 100ft and just let it hover. I basically got the same results. 2 plus minutes at the 20% mark on the battery via the iOSD on my Boscam monitor.

HarryT said:
Only true if you are really utlising the higher thrust. If you are just hovering or flying smoothly there is almost no difference.

Regards, Gerd

HarryT said:
E_T said:
FASTFJR said:

You very well could be correct but as with anything that is engineered things are not so simple. I think part of the effort with the new props is not just extra lift, but extra lift without extra power. I mean you could just spin the old props faster and have the same effect maybe. so in my little brain. i see the folks who design this stuff to make an effort to both get extra lift but not at the expense of extra power. Now, I have not given this a whole bunch of thought, and perhaps I should keep my thoughts to myself, but I say the above just to discuss the idea. ok, now point how how stupid I am.. go ahead,

BaldEagle said:
I am using the new props regularly and I am seeing that I am to get to 500 feet about 20 seconds more quickly than before. I like this because I just want to get up there for a photograph, sometimes, and doing it a bit more quickly is the more important thing over total flight time.

I don't think it takes me 20 seconds to get to 500' now...??

Regardless, these props are a great tool for the toolbox.

I have a heavy laden P2, so I'll be using these

- on windier days, or around places or days where wind gusts are likely
- on sunny days when I have my heavy PolarPro ND filter on,
- on days I'm flying with the heavy 56g Garmin GPS tracker on

damoncooper said:

- on days I'm flying with the Garmin GPS tracker on

Bingo...I keep mine in my case at all times, and throw them on anytime I think I might need the extra aerodynamic "grip"

OI Photography said:
damoncooper said:

- on days I'm flying with the Garmin GPS tracker on

Bingo...I keep mine in my case at all times, and throw them on anytime I think I might need the extra aerodynamic "grip"

I should add:

- or on flights where I need to ascend and descend mostly vertically due to heavy tree cover. These should help with VRS crash avoidance in case I can't get enough horizontal movement space on quick descents.

I got mine yesterday, and like them so far. Like someone else mentioned, they are stiffer than the stock props, and seem to be slightly quieter. Performance wise, I didn't do any crazy flying, but it seems as zippy as ever, and climbing straight up is quick. :mrgreen:

I just got mine today but haven't tried em yet. I'll be testing them in the morning where I have been going into the mountains where I often experience wind gusts. I hope they will make a big difference and also make me more comfortable about taking them to elevations of 5,000 - 10,000 ft in the mountains. I've held off trying that until I got these props. :cool:

queue said:
Fplvert said:

Are there any differences in weight, shape or materials as compared to the DJI-manufactured 9450s here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dji-9450-Thrust ... 58b5acfc2c

I honestly could not say. ;)
Enhanced vs. Thrust Boosted? Probably made in the same place, Shenzhen of China. :lol:
What I can tell you, is they are the BEST props I've found so far. BTW, only 1 out of 8 needed any balance adjustment! :D

dirkclod said:
Did they have the DJI label on them Fplvert ? I just don't want to use knockoff's as you have seen in here talked about ! If I can get 2 sets of these for what I paid $10.00 more for 1 set of these Than that's a great deal and will have some but after looking at his site and him having 2 kinds of 9450's at different costs I just wonder :? I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking em and sorry if I did :D

His more expensive ones are real DJI kit. The cheaper ones are O-XOXO props. That's the difference.

job2310 said:
dirkclod said:
Did they have the DJI label on them Fplvert ? I just don't want to use knockoff's as you have seen in here talked about ! If I can get 2 sets of these for what I paid $10.00 more for 1 set of these Than that's a great deal and will have some but after looking at his site and him having 2 kinds of 9450's at different costs I just wonder :? I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking em and sorry if I did :D

His more expensive ones are real DJI kit. The cheaper ones are O-XOXO props. That's the difference.
:D The packaging says 0-X0X0 9450 self-tightening propeller. It is suit for all phantom Aerial photography product. Made in Shenzhen of China.
They appear to be genuine DJI/knockoffs. I'm happy with them! ;)

One of our other mods here, gunslinger, has a less-than-encouraging story about using the OXOXO knockoffs on his P2, and I've taken care to avoid them since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers