New DJI 9450 Props coming out for P/P2/E300

[/quote]
:shock: Just arrived ! Fast and am balancing them now, will burn the sky tonite ;) Good price and fast shipping so all's good ! Thanks All e :D[/quote]

Dirkclod. Which rod balancer are you using for your 9450 self tightening?
Rain here for me tonight.
Hope they work well for you.

Cyclone said:
On the link above, it says "Achieve about 2 minutes extra flying time". Is this just a marketing ploy or would you really get extra flying time out of it??

I think that's leftover marketing-speak from when DJI first switched to the 9.4" props, that's the increase they were advertised as providing vs the old 8" blades.

When I tested the 9450's they consistently showed a slight decrease in efficiency (and therefore flight time) compared to the 9443's. Not a whole lot, but measurable.

OI Photography said:
Cyclone said:
On the link above, it says "Achieve about 2 minutes extra flying time". Is this just a marketing ploy or would you really get extra flying time out of it??

I think that's leftover marketing-speak from when DJI first switched to the 9.4" props, that's the increase they were advertised as providing vs the old 8" blades.

When I tested the 9450's they consistently showed a slight decrease in efficiency (and therefore flight time) compared to the 9443's. Not a whole lot, but measurable.

Decrease?! Oh man..

Anyways.. My 9450s from AlleRC came in today! It was well packaged as well (like in a box with extra cushion, LOVE IT).

You guys earned my business. ;)

My 9443s is still good for now, so I guess I'll keep my 9450s as spare props in my case. :mrgreen:

OI Photography said:
Cyclone said:

Was your test with both sets flying loaded in a timed hover? I'm really looking forward to testing them on my config.

phantom7 said:
OI Photography said:
Cyclone said:

Was your test with both sets flying loaded in a timed hover? I'm really looking forward to testing them on my config.

Yep, that way and several others as well...hovering and aggressive flying, loaded and unloaded. Always in controlled conditions, reproducible processes with as few variables as possible. And way too many mosquito bites.

@dirk: the decrease in efficiency is in line with what you would expect from the pitch change, but as I say it's not a huge difference. You might have more difference in your flight times due to the humidity from one day to the next than you'd probably notice with these props.

OI Photography said:
phantom7 said:
OI Photography said:
Cyclone said:

Yep, that way and several others as well...hovering and aggressive flying, loaded and unloaded. Always in controlled conditions, reproducible processes with as few variables as possible. And way too many mosquito bites.

@dirk: the decrease in efficiency is in line with what you would expect from the pitch change, but as I say it's not a huge difference. You might have more difference in your flight times due to the humidity from one day to the next than you'd probably notice with these props.
Thanks OI. I will try and practice same testing protocol as you have done.
As for those Southern Mosquitos mixed in with the humidity. ..must be brutal[emoji51]

dirkclod said:
Between them ,the horse fly's and the Deer fly's when in my field I will hover over my head to get a break sometimes :D Hope these props chop em up as good as the 9443,s :lol: Thank God for them wet wipes to keep my UAV clean !
May need those wet wipes..As I just s... myself LoL! Too funny dirk

lol, i thought it was just me who used wet wipes. Glad im not the only one :)

Allerc just picked up another customer and AH lost one .

I've checked out the post from allrc. This claims to be more efficient than stock props and it gives 2 minutes extra battery time with an additional 100g lift load! Is that true as there are other posts complaining that it is in fact less efficient or better (in terms of battery life) than the stock P2 props?

andersonpaac said:
I've checked out the post from allrc. This claims to be more efficient than stock props and it gives 2 minutes extra battery time with an additional 100g lift load! Is that true as there are other posts complaining that it is in fact less efficient or better (in terms of battery life) than the stock P2 props?

That sounds good but my understanding from the early testers was that flight times are shorter, not longer with the new props?

Perhaps a few of the early adopters here can run some additional "before" and "after" tests to add some additional data points?

damoncooper said:
That sounds good but my understanding from the early testers was that flight times are shorter, not longer with the new props?

That's what I found; if comparing against 9443s, flight times are very slightly less. Comparing against p1 8045, flight times are ~15% longer.

ElGuano said:
damoncooper said:

That's what I found; if comparing against 9443s, flight times are very slightly less. Comparing against p1 8045, flight times are ~15% longer.

+1

Thank you All e RC got my props yesterday going to try them out this weekend two days to receive them nice'n fast shipping .
You gained another customer AH lost one .

I bought 3 pairs a few weeks ago. I flew two batteries on new (old) props.....15 min at 20%. Then I put on the 9450's and flew two more batteries......average was 17.20 at 20%. I have the 3 axis gimbal, AVAL 58 and GP 3 installed. So far I like them! FYI.... I flew each set unbalanced. I don't check unless I notice I have an issue.......so far no issues

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr