New DJI 5.8ghz Remote Control (Left Dial, Built-in Lipo Battery)

Holy crap !!! 125 USD... Order from someone local Derko. I paid 119.95 cdn. Multirotorheli.ca. Free shipping !! Located in Alberta.

Will it work for the 5.8ghz phantom fc40 as well? I was thinking about it but can't find any clarification of it definitely working

Yes it will work with the fC40s also as long as you get the 5.8ghz version. It also gives a lil bit more range then the stock remote also.

Reactions: CSIguy
Yes it will work with the fC40s also as long as you get the 5.8ghz version. It also gives a lil bit more range then the stock remote also.

So the upgrade TX gives you more range than the stock TX on a PV2, by a lot, is it noticeable?

So the upgrade TX gives you more range than the stock TX on a PV2, by a lot, is it noticeable?

Its not a super whole lot more. But its noticeable enough that its almost as far as my old controller thats been modded to take screw on antennas gets. Its also nice that they have the built in rechargeable battery to. So i tend to always be on a nice good full charge when flying.

yes you get more distance. I found it very noticeable. I tried the transmitter out on several flights last weekend and was out to 1400 feet no problem. The only issue is the FPV gets laggy when out that far(maybe because of my RGP) but I just change the orientation of the phantom and FPV speeds.

Its not a super whole lot more. But its noticeable enough that its almost as far as my old controller thats been modded to take screw on antennas gets. Its also nice that they have the built in rechargeable battery to. So i tend to always be on a nice good full charge when flying.

yes you get more distance. I found it very noticeable. I tried the transmitter out on several flights last weekend and was out to 1400 feet no problem. The only issue is the FPV gets laggy when out that far(maybe because of my RGP) but I just change the orientation of the phantom and FPV speeds.

Thanks guys for the info, very interesting. I've had mine out 900ft with standard stock TX which I was very happy with but you know what it's like, "love to go that little bit further"

So I would say the big benefit would be the gimbal wheel, top left on the TX, better than using the fpv on screen slider which is a pain when flying & filming.:) Plus the built in batteries.

I got my new Tx from Calgary this morning. It was a snap to change over the hardware and the RC assistant brought everything up to date. The Phantom found it on the first try. It's pretty windy here today so I might not fly until tomorrow.

I got my new Tx from Calgary this morning. It was a snap to change over the hardware and the RC assistant brought everything up to date. The Phantom found it on the first try. It's pretty windy here today so I might not fly until tomorrow.
Who did you order from Jumper? It was pretty windy when I was flying as we'll but i could not resist to check out the performance of the phantom in adverse conditions.

Hey Jumper,
The gimbal dial is not controlling the camera on my DJI Phantom2 vision not plus, any tips?

Also doing a transmitter calibration at the end helps as well.

Last edited:
Cyclone is right. When I got mine, I pair it first with the aircraft then used the RC assistant software to calibrate the sticks. Then I connected my Phantom to my mac and that is where I found the checkbox for the upgraded Tx. I did that then power cycled and the camera gimbal worked.
BTW I have a Phantom Vision, over a year old.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for the info, very interesting. I've had mine out 900ft with standard stock TX which I was very happy with but you know what it's like, "love to go that little bit further"

So I would say the big benefit would be the gimbal wheel, top left on the TX, better than using the fpv on screen slider which is a pain when flying & filming.:) Plus the built in batteries.
Slap ya a RE700 on there bro and you be gone then ;)

Hey Jumper,
The gimbal dial is not controlling the camera on my DJI Phantom2 vision not plus, any tips?
Hey derko that new 5.8 ghz remote controller from multirotor heli works with the phantom vision 2 right, cause on the website it says for phantom vision +

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj