New DJI 1.1.1

Reaction score
Any ideas on what else I can do on terms of mods and are there any battery's out to give 20min of flight time with a GoPro hero 4 attached ?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449584323.007272.jpg

I had a post somewhere but lost it so I made a new topic for ideas/opinions.

You can switch to the P2 props, extend the battery compartment, use larger batteries. You could also switch the guts to a P2 shell for more room. Some folks have used dual batteries but I prefer to use a single Multistar battery.

I have a dual battery setup, bought the kit on line and 2 multistar 4000 size batteries from hobbyking, I have no problems flying the drone and it is a phantom 1.1.1, I get about 23 min out of those 2 batteries, I also have the 2 stock ones that came with the drone and I get about 14 min flying time with those 2. I have a Garmin Virb Elite cam on the drone as well, and also a headlight attached to the battery compartment door. Also I am looking into a FPV kit in the spring.

Just some ideas for you 1.1.1

Reactions: Ti22
My P1 v1.1.1

Flytrex Core 2
Low Voltage Alarm
Boscam FPV
Ublox - M8N Glonass GPS/Compass
SJ4000 1080p Camera
Anti-Jello carbon fiber camera mount
AeroStarEngineering.com Gimbal Guard w/GPS tray
AeroStarEngineering.com TK109B GPS mount
TK109B GPS
Oversized Battery Door
Prop Guards

TheDroid when you get 23 min. Is that using both batteries at the same time? And I am thinking about getting a new shell but didn't know I could use a p2 shell , but your saying that would give me more room to add stuff ? I like that headlight idea

And what's the max mah battery I can use without roasting or ruining my phantom? 2200 mah is the regular

And what's the max mah battery I can use without roasting or ruining my phantom? 2200 mah is the regular
There’s no electrical reason why you can’t run as much Ah/Wh which can reasonably fit the airframe.

I use a single rear mount battery plus the internal space with a few notches in the door to run wires for parallel connection. Notching a Phantom door is much less drastic than cutting into the shell and/or replacing it entirely with P2.

I also find the rear mount battery better balances my bird since the GoPro + Gimbal tend to make it front heavy. I think the front motors don’t have to work quite as hard.

Basically I bought a dual battery setup and used just one of the CF brackets on the rear. Notched the battery door and use 2qty 2.2Ah parallel connected for 4.4Ah total capacity which delivers no worry heavy payload flight time of 13 minutes using plastic 9443 props.

Yes I am using the 2 batteries when I get almost 23 min, they are multistar 4000 mah batteries the kit comes with a special adapter to plug in both batteries to the main plug in the battery compartment, I didn't want to go any bigger with the batteries because of the weight issue when taking off. Right now I always use the 2 batteries together to get longer flight times, it takes off with out any problems and flys great. I can always use one of the stock batteries if I want a short fly time I just use it in the stock battery compartment. The headlight idea is great, and you can get one online anywere on ebay, they are about 5 bucks. With my garmin virb elite cam mounted and the 2 batteries and the headlight which is light anyways, my take off weight is a little more than what DJI recommends for takeoff weight, but I have flown her many times without any issues. My next adventure is a FPV kit. I was gonna get a flytrex unit, but decided against it, since my garmin cam uses GPS to track all the stuff like altitude speed etc, I just use dashware to get the overlays.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl