Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New distance record but forgot something

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Mods' started by crash1sttime, Jun 23, 2016.

1. crash1sttime

On my P2V I have the Itelite panel and its something I'm glad I added, so far with my P2V with a 2D gimbal, bear in mind that one of the aerials is blocked by the motor, my best distance was about 4500ft before FPV would lock up and freeze.

After reading a MOD on here about moving the blocked aerial outside of the quad I had a look into it, the first thing was a wire, I asked around but they were quite pricey and only available stateside, being in the UK this was a small issue due to the postage cost.

However some mad googling later I came across this wire

New High Gain PCB Dual-frequency Antenna Aerial FPV for Parrot Bebop Drone 3.0

[​IMG]

Yes its for the Bebop but it turns out to be the ideal length for the job

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Looks a little rough I know, but it was purely for a test flight and I will find a better way to mount it soon, in the mean time here is the distance I can hit now with no FPV issues.

[​IMG]

And now the bit I forgot

To change the max flight limit on my quad, so no doubt I could have gone further than that, stupid crash stupid stupid.

Im off flying at weekend for some charity work im doing so I may get the chance to try again so will let you know.

Kudo's to the guy who suggested this as a mod, sir i take my hat off to you.

#1 crash1sttime, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. jwax

Please post a picture of where/how you mounted this antenna. Very interesting and nice job!
    John

3. Thebooperman

Yes, good stuff though

4. crash1sttime

@jwax ive since taken the mod off, after i had a couple of hiccups with the quad, im not sure if the mod was the issue but i was just being safe, if you want to do it, simply open the camera and remove the aerial and then use the cable i mentioned, i simply use double sided pads to mount it to the motor on the gimbal, i cant find the original post however that showed the mod but this video shows the mod in place