New default gain settings in 3.04

Reaction score
I updated because I know I will eventually have to for waypoints and to see if stability is better with the added rotorpixel weight.

Attachments

• defaultgains.jpg
    defaultgains.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,403
I just flew half a battery after updating and it does seem more stable than before. Rotorpixel video looks smoother too. Also less yaw twitch noticed on this run. Restrictions stink but oh well.

still good? I'm getting prepped to upgrade Vision and Vision+.

Skipholiday said:

No problems here whatsoever. It holds it's place and hovers amazingly well after this update.

gfredrone said:
Skipholiday said:

No problems here whatsoever. It holds it's place and hovers amazingly well after this update.
good the hear. I upgraded both Vision and Plus will test fly tomorrow.
At 1st it stopped the 7th function on the Vision but reinstall of the H3-2D tool fixed it.

gfredrone said:
I just flew half a battery after updating and it does seem more stable than before. Rotorpixel video looks smoother too. Also less yaw twitch noticed on this run. Restrictions stink but oh well.
Are the restrictions only about airports or have they locked the max you can fly UP?

I wanted to update mine to 3.04 but how can you do it on a Mac it seems is only Windows??

Am I missing something??

thanks

marco

I updated ok on a Mac using the version 3 Phantom assistant.

msecchi said:
Thanks xgeek

I am sure I am missing something here but the 3.04 does not show and are all old versione released in April

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

You are, that's the Assistant software not the firmware.
The Assistant will suggest, download and install the latest version with the Phantom connected by USB.

Fixed it.
Had to remove the assistant completely and re install then it showed the new version

many thanks

4wd said:
It would be interesting to see how it behaved if those gains were applied without doing the update.

I wondered the same unless they tweaked some other flight control code we can't access.

Happyflyer said:
gfredrone said:
Are the restrictions only about airports or have they locked the max you can fly UP?

The restrictions are just around the no fly zones. Airports and such. I have my max set to 10 miles, up and out.

Just tried running 3.04 with the Rotorpixel gimbal installed, and I'd say that the flight was much more responsive. I also didn't have the issue of the P2V sinking as I got closer to the ground, as had happened in the past.

drjay32 said:
Just tried running 3.04 with the Rotorpixel gimbal installed, and I'd say that the flight was much more responsive. I also didn't have the issue of the P2V sinking as I got closer to the ground, as had happened in the past.
good deal thanks

I'm good on both Vision and Vision+ plus running 3.04. 7th (H3-2D) function had to be reinstalled twice to get working on the vision but all good so far.

Updated my plus, hope to test it soon

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Sounds good. Still on 3.02 - will update this weekend. I was staggered on my last flight this afternoon: very gusty wind right on the coast - I put in it ATTI mode and right away it was drifting away at 18mph. Just watching it hover in those conditions is amazing. I didn't have the guts to try a full speed downwind run, probably could've hit 70 though. When I looked at the video after...MAN OH MAN...stable as anything. Like a magic dream. Love this thing!

Flyer2 said:
So the 7th channel fix is good in the 3.4 update?

No, at least not for me, I can't get it to work with 3.04, so i downgraded again to 1.08.
I tried several times to change the setting in "Phantom2-Tool", but it was always reverted back to "vision-mode" again.

jnse said:
Flyer2 said:
So the 7th channel fix is good in the 3.4 update?

No, at least not for me, I can't get it to work with 3.04, so i downgraded again to 1.08.
I tried several times to change the setting in "Phantom2-Tool", but it was always reverted back to "vision-mode" again.
jnse are you talking about the Vision or Vision+ Plus?

Mine works on the Vision 3.04 from app and 7th channel but not the Vision plus+ 3.04.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie