New controller

Reaction score
My P3S controller isn't working anymore it won't link to the drone. Considering buying a new controller and starting fresh. Anyone ever tried this. I've included a picture of the RC failure error.

aa147b6cc5a95225ac42459beec959ed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a spare from DJi for my 4K. Just contact them. Got it in three days. Mainly so I could mod one with an itelite antenna mod and keep one stock.

I bought a spare from DJi for my 4K. Just contact them. Got it in three days. Mainly so I could mod one with an itelite antenna mod and keep one stock.

The remote I have I did the DBS mod and now it won't link. So just contact dji and buy a new standard controller from them?

That's what I did. I just did it before I mod my original. Call me a nervous person but I don't want to not be able to fly. :)

Did you go back in and check all your work? Verify you don't have a cable crossed (i.e. 2.4 plugged into 5.8 plug?). I do that sort of thing myself when doing stuff like this.

Reactions: jeganx
That's what I did. I just did it before I mod my original. Call me a nervous person but I don't want to not be able to fly. :)

Did you go back in and check all your work? Verify you don't have a cable crossed (i.e. 2.4 plugged into 5.8 plug?). I do that sort of thing myself when doing stuff like this.

I haven't checked it in a few days. I upgraded to a P3P but it would be nice to have a spare phantom laying around.

Also triple check the external cables for the mod. On mine they are pinned differently on each end so if you put them on backwards (which I did) then it can cause issues.

Also triple check the external cables for the mod. On mine they are pinned differently on each end so if you put them on backwards (which I did) then it can cause issues.

That's actually the first thing I checked I wired it up so that everything corresponds to each side.

Ok. Had to ask because I didn't notice they were different at each end first pass.

It's no problem. That did happen to me several times but I did manage to rewire it a few days later to where everything matched.

I went ahead and ordered a new controller for my phantom and gonna use it as a spare or for other things. Just hope it links up. I'd rather it be a controller problem than a quad problem.

It's no problem. That did happen to me several times but I did manage to rewire it a few days later to where everything matched.

I went ahead and ordered a new controller for my phantom and gonna use it as a spare or for other things. Just hope it links up. I'd rather it be a controller problem than a quad problem.

Yeah - like I said - I preemptively picked up a spare controller for that very reason. I would honestly crack it open and take a magnifying glass to the control line connectors, etc, and see if maybe it's something super simple.

I tested mine out last night and had a successful round about the back yard - didn't go too high or too far - but it works great.

mod 1 (3) by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1