New Controller - Vision Assistant Shows S1 Jumping Values

Reaction score
I just received one of the new controllers with the tilt wheel. I paired it with my P2V and did the configuration and calibration steps in the RC and Vision Assistants and it seems to be working correctly - sort of.

The tilt wheel is working fine to control my Rotorpixel gimbal. And, I've started it with the props off and all looks right. I did have to do an IMU calibration after the updates and changes.

But ... in the Vision Assistant, on the Basic/RC tab, the "Control Mode Switch" value is jumping between "GPS" and "Failsafe" about once a second. If I move S1 to GPS, it'll jump between "Atti" and "Failsafe" at the same rate.

I see the same thing happening on the View tab where the "U" Channel is jumping between the correct value and 491 at the same rate.

But, as I said, I've done calibration in both the RC Assistant and the Vision Assistant. The channel is working correctly in the RC Assistant.

Watching the LEDs on the P2V while it runs with props off, it appears to be working right. But, I'm concerned about flying it if there's really a problem with the controller.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

EDIT: After more testing, when I connect the Vision app, I'm seeing "Control Signal Lost" displayed periodically. So, I think the controller is bad.

Thanks.

-- Roger

Re: New Controller - Vision Assistant Shows S1 Jumping Value

Sounds like your S1 switch is starting to fail its very common even when they are only a few hours old or just a few cycles in the switches.

J.James said:
Sounds like your S1 switch is starting to fail its very common even when they are only a few hours old or just a few cycles in the switches.

Thanks. I came to the same conclusion. I'm going to return the remote.

-- Roger

dirkclod said:
In assistant in basic / rc you did click the upgrade version right ?

Yes. Other than, well, not working to control the Phantom, it works pretty well. :)

I have the Rotorpixel gimbal, so the tilt wheel worked correctly. I don't think it works right with the original Phantom 2 Vision gimbal.

-- Roger

Just a quick note to say that I got an RMA from the vendor and am sending the controller back to be exchanged today.

-- Roger

A gentleman from All E RC called me and said that they couldn't find a problem with the controller. He said something about updating the firmware, so I assumed that I had skipped a step somewhere. But, now that I have received it, the controller still isn't working. It's as if the S1 switch is being continually switched between it's actual position and the Failsafe position.

After testing a little today, I think the tech at All E may have tested the controller in Phantom mode. In that mode S1 doesn't do anything, so they wouldn't have seen the problem. But, in NAZA mode, it's obvious because RTH is triggered continuously.

Ugh. :)

-- Roger

wow thats crappy that you went thew the bother of sending it in and they dont even know what the heck they are doing or dint just give a crap. I'm still going to go with my original assessment of it being a bad switch being many of them fail right out of the box and others with just a few flips of the switches.

Try wiggling the switch when you got the naza assistant open and see if it makes it jump around even more. another way to see if its the switch or some wiring problem such as on of the plugs on the board in the tx you might want to open up the tx and look in side and make sure the tiny white plugs are all in all the way on the top of the board. and There is on other test up can do on the switch's to see of you can make it switch to each mode and stay there when you do this test. Put the switch in the center position and with the tx turned on jumper from the center tab on the back of the switch to one of the outter tabs. You can use a screw driver or a paper clip to do this. IF the mode changes and stays changed while you are jumping from the center tab to either of the outter tabs. Then its definitely the switch thats the problem.

I'm not sure if anyone is really following my little drama, but I finally received another RMA from All e RC, so, a few days ago, I mailed the controller back again with a request that it be exchanged for a new one.

-- Roger

I received a new controller and paired it with my Vision. All seems to be working fine now!

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik