New controller nightmare

jetlag said:
Damon said:
Mode 1 is for old school fliers. Throttle right, Direction Left.

mode two is very popular in Europe, both airplanes and helicopters.
:D mode 2 is how RC transmitters worked in the States since the 70's. Not sure if that's old school; probably just China numbering/lettering right to left. :lol:

locoworks said:
which leds aren't working??? the ones on the new tranny battery meter or the ones on the phantom under the arms?/

I'm speaking of the RC remote, the new one.

Damon said:
Look on the bright side... your battery will last longer since it is not providing power to them. [emoji12]

Always look on the bright side! :cool:

locoworks said:
which leds aren't working??? the ones on the new tranny battery meter or the ones on the phantom under the arms?/

That's no way to talk about the new TX! ;)

jetlag said:
Damon said:

Mode 2 is the shizzle! :D

PsychopathRC said:
Mode 2 is the shizzle! :D

Don't make me bust out the MC Hammer pants to do the DJI compass dance

Jay

What is your current firmware number on the new remote? I suspect it will be the same as what is on my old remote...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 312
Idbird said:
jetlag said:
Damon said:

:D mode 2 is how RC transmitters worked in the States since the 70's. Not sure if that's old school; probably just China numbering/lettering right to left. :lol:

Lol meant to say mode 1 is popular across the pond

Damon said:
Jay

What is your current firmware number on the new remote? I suspect it will be the same as what is on my old remote...

Yes. That's the firmware version I have.

I had same similar issues with twitchy and erratic camera movement and stick control with the new controller. Upgrade all firmware and software. Next was to run the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6 and then select the Basic tab, then the RC tab. Now switch the Transmitter Version to the "Upgrade Version" and do "Calibration" of the RC controller Sicks and Switch's along with the Gimbal slider . Now all is good after verifying with the Phantom 2 Vision+ and camera.

nucadude said:
I had same similar issues with twitchy and erratic camera movement and stick control with the new controller. Upgrade all firmware and software. Next was to run the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6 and then select the Basic tab, then the RC tab. Now switch the Transmitter Version to the "Upgrade Version" and do "Calibration" of the RC controller Sicks and Switch's along with the Gimbal slider . Now all is good after verifying with the Phantom 2 Vision+ and camera.
Just don't upgrade the firmware of your RC tx using RC Assistant 1.1.

Damon said:
nucadude said:

So what version do I need? My new TX will be here Tuesday. I have upgraded everything so far including the Sen upgrade. All is well and would like for the new TX to do the same. I currently have VER 1.1 Thanks :?:

jetlag said:
Damon said:
nucadude said:

So what version do I need? My new TX will be here Tuesday. I have upgraded everything so far including the Sen upgrade. All is well and would like for the new TX to do the same. I currently have VER 1.1 Thanks :?:
Wait until next RC Assistant is released. I suspect it will hit their website soon.

You can bind your new remote to your phantom. When you have P2 hooked up to Phantom Assistant go to the RC page and calibrate your remote to the Phantom.

nucadude said:

All seems to be good with my camera as well. It's working properly. Right now, the only issue I have is the LEDs not showing up on the controller. One of the reasons why I bought it.

jetlag said:

Thanks it just clicked in my thick head, lol.
That is correct.

Funny that I just got that email from DJI saying "there's no firmware available for the new remote" 30 minutes ago, yet I go on now, hook up my remote, do the update.. and BOOM my LEDs are back!

jaywoodz said:
Funny that I just got that email from DJI saying "there's no firmware available for the new remote" 30 minutes ago, yet I go on now, hook up my remote, do the update.. and BOOM my LEDs are back!

Weird, because the update is on their web site already

Look near the bottom of
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

Maybe their staff should speak to each other :lol: :lol:

jaywoodz said:
[emoji12]

Damon said:
jaywoodz said:
[emoji12]

So Damon, should I bind, calibrate sticks and see how it goes before letting rc assistant have a go at it? :?:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers