New controller nightmare

Reaction score
I got the new remote, plugged in for updates.. then updated everything. Now, the remote LEDs are gone, the camera tilt dial doesn't even work. I don't know what to do?! The camera tilt didn't even work before I did the update to the remote.. if anyone can help, PLEASE let me know!!!

Try hooking up the remote and opening RC Assistant. Then once connected click on the "I" for info page. The latest firmware is displayed in blue and its a link. Click on the latest version and it should open an upgrade window. Click upgrade which will reflash the firmware. It should say power cycle when complete. Click OK and then turn off and back on the RC.

You will need to recalibrate the remote controls and s1 s2 including the dial which should be x1.

Then close out RC Assistant and hook up Phantom and run Phantom Assistant. Make sure RC is on.

Go through the calibration of RC in Phantom Assistant making sure you do the toggles and dial. This teaches the phantom the remote's full range of levers. And make sure you have checked the radio button which says something like "new upgrade remote"

Hope this helps.

Damon said:
Try hooking up the remote and opening RC Assistant. Then once connected click on the "I" for info page. The latest firmware is displayed in blue and its a link. Click on the latest version and it should open an upgrade window. Click upgrade which will reflash the firmware. It should say power cycle when complete. Click OK and then turn off and back on the RC.

You will need to recalibrate the remote controls and s1 s2 including the dial which should be x1.

Then close out RC Assistant and hook up Phantom and run Phantom Assistant. Make sure RC is on.

Go through the calibration of RC in Phantom Assistant making sure you do the toggles and dial. This teaches the phantom the remote's full range of levers. And make sure you have checked the radio button which says something like "new upgrade remote"

Hope this helps.

I don't see "new upgrade remote" in the phantom assistant. what page is that on?

Damon said:

Hope this helps.

I think I found it? I'm able to move the camera.. but the LEDs are still not showing up on my remote after I updated the firmware for it..

Basic button RC tab below calibration stuff.

Confirm you went through all the steps I said already?

Damon said:
Confirm you went through all the steps I said already?

Yes, I did. I took it outside..

What's working now, that wasn't before, I'm able to move the gimbal freely.. great. Now, when I hit up (left stick) the phantom just stays there.. the props go faster but nothing happens. I guess the throttle on left side, and the lift.. or boost? idk.. is on the right? That's not how I set it up. I set up Mode 1. In the RC Assistant .

Needs mode 2. REDO ;)

Mode 1 is for old school fliers. Throttle right, Direction Left.

Also make sure to do compass calibration in the field after messing with upgrades of firmware.

Crap, forgot to have you do a full IMU calibration on level surface. This is also very important after software/firmware upgrades. Better safe than watching the Phantom fly back to China ;)

Jay

Did the led lights work after the re-flash? There is another user that lost LEDs after first firmware upgrade.

No, I still don't have LEDs working. Very frustrating. I've re flashed like 5 times now.

Damon said:
Jay

Did the led lights work after the re-flash? There is another user that lost LEDs after first firmware upgrade.

No, I still don't have LEDs working. Very frustrating. I've re flashed like 5 times now

I guess your stuck with no LEDs until RC Assistant 1.2, or what name it will be given, is put up on the DJI site.

Look on the bright side... your battery will last longer since it is not providing power to them. [emoji12]

which leds aren't working??? the ones on the new tranny battery meter or the ones on the phantom under the arms?/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4