New Controller and prop questions

Reaction score
I want to get these asap....assuming direct from DJI wouldnt be super fast...any ideas who has them now?

I have the 3D printed monitor mount from Rave Video...assuming they wouldnt have changed up the specs on that given that most folks have some form of monitor mount setup for FPV flying, right?

Also, will the new props help my bird fly better/faster/more controlled or is it solely meant to aid in carrying addtl weight?

No dealers have the individual update upgrade parts yet other than the "new" props which have been available for weeks. Everything else should start showing up soon though.

If you already have the original P2 props (9443's) then the new version (9450's) won't get you any big gains in flight time but will give you a tiny bit more lifting capacity. Their main benefit is a bit more lift which helps avoid VRS while descending. Flight behavior is almost identical to the previous style unless you're in higher elevations...the 9450's are helpful with the thinner air.

Your current ravecreative mount should work on the new controller just fine :)

OI Photography said:
No dealers have the individual update upgrade parts yet other than the "new" props which have been available for weeks. Everything else should start showing up soon though.

If you already have the original P2 props (9443's) then the new version (9450's) won't get you any big gains in flight time but will give you a tiny bit more lifting capacity. Their main benefit is a bit more lift which helps avoid VRS while descending. Flight behavior is almost identical to the previous style unless you're in higher elevations...the 9450's are helpful with the thinner air.

Your current ravecreative mount should work on the new controller just fine :)

Think ordering from DJI today is just as quick as ordering from a dealer in a week and going overnight?

TomasBKK said:
There are dealers that say they have stock of the new parts.

rc711.com says it's now shipping all phantoms with the upgrades. I just ordered one so I hope they're not lying.

They posted this vid so they at least have the new remote control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxZDoiQ ... e=youtu.be

That new wheel on the transmitter still seems quite "all or nothing" in it's operation of the gimbal.
I am much happier with my self modified transmitter,the control is a lot finer than that in the video.

smallman28 said:
TomasBKK said:

rc711.com says it's now shipping all phantoms with the upgrades. I just ordered one so I hope they're not lying.

That new wheel on the transmitter still seems quite "all or nothing" in it's operation of the gimbal.
I am much happier with my self modified transmitter,the control is a lot finer than that in the video.

I hope that all or nothing is just a calibration fix in the RC software. Really doesn't impact me as I bought my phantom a little over a month back and the control knob modification is high on my to do list.

For $579 I can get a new P2 that includes the new motors, props, compass and controller. I'm sure I could sell my old one. Would just have to take out iosd mini and install a few things over from my current P2. Interesting.

smallman28 said:
TomasBKK said:

I always had the same difficulty with the slide changing the angle much to rapidly until I found you change the tilt gain. When I lowered the gain I was able control the tilt a whole lot better.

ddublu said:
For $579 I can get a new P2 that includes the new motors, props, compass and controller. I'm sure I could sell my old one. Would just have to take out iosd mini and install a few things over from my current P2. Interesting.

If your lucky enough to get one that hasn't been in stock for awhile. I doubt that the vendors selling them would know whether it had the new motors, controller, etc unless their was a new part number on the box.

Bluegrass said:
ddublu said:

If your lucky enough to get one that hasn't been in stock for awhile. I doubt that the vendors selling them would know whether it had the new motors, controller, etc unless their was a new part number on the box.

They just hit stock yesterday. I was on the phone with Atlanta Hobby when you were typing this and he said he didnt have any experience with them but he wasnt too sure there would be a ton of difference in the two. They have them and are well aware of the differences.

Just ordered the new controller direct from DJI. The site claims that they are available to ship 2-3 days after payment confirmation. Not sure where it's shipping from though. Although now I'm tempted to order the new quad with controller, motors, etc. $579 isn't a bad gig. Especially when I have a spare gimbal laying around...

backcountrymedic said:
Just ordered the new controller direct from DJI. The site claims that they are available to ship 2-3 days after payment confirmation. Not sure where it's shipping from though. Although now I'm tempted to order the new quad with controller, motors, etc. $579 isn't a bad gig. Especially when I have a spare gimbal laying around...

I decided to go with the latter...sold my P2 before the value went down anymore and picked up new everything, including a Hero 4 Black.

I received my new Phantom 2 with all ugpraded parts including rc from rc711.com. THe compass, props and motors are definitely the upgraded ones, not sure about esc's because didnt open it up yet but they say they now ship only upgraded phantoms. Dont want to do advertising for them but i'm very impressed with their service, 2 days after i sent the payment the phantom 2 was at my door. They shipped using DHL express.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers