New contender for the phantom

Ash

Reaction score
Hi guys. In a previous post a poster found what he thought was a contender for the Phantom, The Bebop from Parrot. It seemed by responding posters it wasn't quite up to scratch. Well how about The Plexidrone due to be released in March-April. Anyone seen this drone, can I hear your thoughts please. Thanks

http://plexidrone.com/

looks good, im not sure about constantly plugging in arms and removing them but I guess its no worse than battery connections. it looks like it has gone down the our battery only route which is a PIA. I'd also be looking for a secondary securing feature for the arms, even if it is just putting a rubber ring over the latches to hold them in, or an optional securing cap head screw. not seen a tranny in the vids and pics either so does it run on 2.4ghz and you fit your own receiver and tranny and FPV on 5.8??

Hi. I do find it impressive 15-35 mins flying time with gimbal.....have to wait and see about that one. Yeah I didn't see a tranny either mmm.......maybe need to had one.
I suppose a person could always leave the arms plugged in, save on wear and tear to the connections. I have to say overall I like it. Obstacle avoidance I think is a nice feature.

Thanks for your thoughts

I looks good. But I bet it's very costly and that'll put plenty of people off. The Phantom has a name for itself now.

PsychopathRC said:
I looks good. But I bet it's very costly and that'll put plenty of people off. The Phantom has a name for itself now.
I don't know...it DOES look to be pretty impressive to me. The costs( at least if you are willing to buy into these funding discounts) does seem to be in line with phantom. And number of very attractive and distinct advantages over the phantom(if you buy into everything they say on the website.) If it turns out to be what they say...I for one, am interested.

Ash said:
Hi. I do find it impressive 15-35 mins flying time with gimbal.....have to wait and see about that one.
Digging to find specs I note this ... Flight times are typically reduced by 3 mins for every 100g added in additional weight.
So by the time you have the X8 with Sony RX100 and the bigger gimbal it needs and FPV, you're down to a much less impressive flight time.

Flight times are going to be constrained by the current technologies in batteries, motors, and equipment weights.

Don't look for a drone manufacturer [alone] to make a significant dent in these current limitations.

Looks nice. I agree I'd avoid snapping the arms in and out for every flight. It must have been a very calm day when they shot the video as that thing looked absolutely smooth through the air. Or... It might have been in ATTI mode. Pretty impressive video nonetheless...

-slinger

Thanks guys, likewise on the above. I really think its gonna be a hit. Don't get me wrong I love my phantom and kit, just these flyaways struggling to get my confidence back.
I have signed up for their newsletter so will see what they have to say in the not to distant future, I guess time will tell, but food for thought!
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.