new Compass Calibration ERROR 27

Reaction score
I’m over two years 600 to 700 plus flights with no major problems till just now. I have totally rebuilt this phantom from the ground up with
fantastic results. Currently my gimbal took a crap and I installed a new one when I plugged in the usb from phantom to laptop with the
DJI Nazam Assistant 2 software and green light, on the phantom, does not blink only vibrates a dim green glow and an error message pops up
ERROR [ 27 ] GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS in good condition. OK I unhook everything put phantom back
together and take outside to recalibrate but Now on normal startup when green lights blinking I flip the switches GPS to Atti 10 to fifteen times but
instead of solid white or orange it blinks non stop. Like I said I’m at a loss as to why, why ?
Anybody, anybody cast some light on this. I realize this is a two year old Phantom 1 but it’s a good one.
Help !!
Alan

I’m over two years 600 to 700 plus flights with no major problems till just now. I have totally rebuilt this phantom from the ground up with
fantastic results. Currently my gimbal took a crap and I installed a new one when I plugged in the usb from phantom to laptop with the
DJI Nazam Assistant 2 software and green light, on the phantom, does not blink only vibrates a dim green glow and an error message pops up
ERROR [ 27 ] GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS in good condition. OK I unhook everything put phantom back
together and take outside to recalibrate but Now on normal startup when green lights blinking I flip the switches GPS to Atti 10 to fifteen times but
instead of solid white or orange it blinks non stop. Like I said I’m at a loss as to why, why ?
Anybody, anybody cast some light on this. I realize this is a two year old Phantom 1 but it’s a good one.
Help !!
Alan

I do not fully understand what you mean with "rebuild this Phantom from the ground": however, if you unmount and remount the GPS, check that the arrow painted on the GPS module is directed straight to the "noose" of your Phantom.
And if you unmount the compass, be sure you put it back in the original position and you did not rotate it of 180 degrees.
Obviously if you did not phisically touch the bird, these suggestions are useless.

One more point: to check if you have or had a magnetic interference with your compass, check in the Naza assistant , in the "Tools" label the value of the parameter "Mod" for Compass. If it is higher than 1700-1800, you have magnetized the compass. Follow the procedure described in the help window for these parameters or one of the many YouTube videos on the matter to revert back to a normal value using a small magnet. Then perform an Advanced IMU calibration.

I do not fully understand what you mean with "rebuild this Phantom from the ground": however, if you unmount and remount the GPS, check that the arrow painted on the GPS module is directed straight to the "noose" of your Phantom.
And if you unmount the compass, be sure you put it back in the original position and you did not rotate it of 180 degrees.
Obviously if you did not phisically touch the bird, these suggestions are useless.

One more point: to check if you have or had a magnetic interference with your compass, check in the Naza assistant , in the "Tools" label the value of the parameter "Mod" for Compass. If it is higher than 1700-1800, you have magnetized the compass. Follow the procedure described in the help window for these parameters or one of the many YouTube videos on the matter to revert back to a normal value using a small magnet. Then perform an Advanced IMU calibration.

Thank you for the response, I will check those things out, will be a day or so and get back with the results. I rebuilt the phantom from the "ground up" or
totally replace the shell. Although it may not seem like much it was a time consuming job with no guarantees. I have had this phantom over two years
and had more than my share of mishaps and events but it keeps on flying which I am most proud of.
Thanks again, Alan

OK, here is my follow up on this case, for some reason I'm not able to access Nazam assistant 2.4 software I did earlier and prior to that I
was flying ok. When I did access the software I was attempting to make adjustments to my gimbal but I couldn't get any setting to work
and shut down. The next time I accessed the software the Phantom lights blinked green and white a few times then went to solid green
in a kind of vibrating green which is where I'm at now. I updated the Nazam assistant software but still the same results and if I unplug the
software the Phantom light blinks white real fast and won't stop till unplug the battery.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks, Alan

OK, here is my follow up on this case, for some reason I'm not able to access Nazam assistant 2.4 software I did earlier and prior to that I
was flying ok. When I did access the software I was attempting to make adjustments to my gimbal but I couldn't get any setting to work
and shut down. The next time I accessed the software the Phantom lights blinked green and white a few times then went to solid green
in a kind of vibrating green which is where I'm at now. I updated the Nazam assistant software but still the same results and if I unplug the
software the Phantom light blinks white real fast and won't stop till unplug the battery.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks, Alan

It seems you have a problem on the USB port, either in the Phantom or in your laptop.
If the problem is in the Phantom(that you rebuild) there is not so much to do, except to verify the phisycal connections.
About your laptop, I would suggest to go back to Nazam V2.2(the last officially released for Phantom 1: the 2.4 was released for Phantom 2) and to try to disinstall and re-install the DJI driver V 2.02.
If you have Windows 10, remember that to reinstall the DJI software you have to temporary modify your computer date to year 2015:when you have installed everything you can go back to the current date and time.
These software are not more available on the DJI website(Very bad policy!!!!), but can be found on the web or I can try to send you a copy on a private mail(this site does not allow the Upload of .exe files).

Again thank you for the response, I will try your suggestions and get back in a day or so is there a chance my compass went bad?
Thanks, Alan

The compass should have no influence on the capability to connect with the Nazam Assistant. When you will be able to connect with the assistant, the software should tell you if you have problems with GPS/Compass or IMU.
I also have to correct a wrong information I gave you: the software is still available on DJI internet site (even if not easy to find) at the following address:

DJI Phantom Drone

Sorry for this fault.

Thank you, I did have Nazam V2.2 and the DJI driver V 2.02 on a backup drive and have reinstalled them. I am going to look into the connection of the USB cable, pretty much ruled out my laptop as it has four USB ports and have tried them all. Like I said when I first start the drone, not linked to the Nazam, the flashing light sequence seems normal for the first 4 to 8 seconds before it goes to flashing all white, fast. I have had problems in the past and when I could go no further I would apply logic, I'm now in the "logic" mode. Thanks again I will be getting back with you.
Alan

Back live, still no luck however I bought a phantom 1 from eBay and it just got here with, well everything. It works, two controllers, 6 batteries, FPV screen, 4 antennas,
extra duel battery mount, and more. Just came so I swapped out a few parts and tested the new old "1" and will attempt to fly tomorrow weather permitting we have been experiencing exceptionally high winds and rain and snow. I will continue to work on the original Phantom1and hopefully have a backup. Got my eye on a new Phantom 4 but that's about all just eyeballing.
Thanks, Alan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj