New Christmas Present

Reaction score
We, My wife and kids got me a Phantom 2 with a 3d gimbal head with a GOPRO Hero 4. I put everything together and am have problems with getting my Note 3 phone with the DJI vision to communicate with the gimbal head and camera. I don't see the wifi connection and when I open the DJI app on my phone and hit the camera icon, I get a "Phantom Connection is Broken". What can I do to fix this??? Its killing me not being able to fly this awesome thing around.

Thanks
Aaron

Welcome to the forums. A phantom 2 will not use a Note or any other smart device. Its the Phantom 2 Vision + that will do that. Please download and read the manual (from dji.com) several times to understand how the Phantom works before you try an fly. Also please inform yourself of the legal restrictions imposed by the country you live in.

With your model you will need a good bit more equipment before you will be able to use First Person View (FPV) The sticky forums here have some good advice for beginners. Enjoy, but be safe.

Also please fill in on your profile where abouts you are in the world - it will help others to help you

Welcome to the forum
DO NOT USE WIFI with your P2 the app is for the P2V &+
You got the better bird IMO your bird flys on 2.4 so make sure the gopro wifi is off you can't use your cell or tablet if you want FPV you need to get a transmitter & receiver/monitor and good set of antennas .
The P2V uses the app it flys on 5.8 so you can use wifi .
Take some time read the manuals and read up on the FAA rules be courteous to people & your surroundings .
And have some fun !
Don't be afraid to ask questions a lot of good info & people here I would leave the gimbal off and do couple flights than put on the gimbal it will fly different with the extra weight .
Make sure you wait for the 2 sets of rapped green flashes before flying .

Irish beat me to it :lol:

Thanks for the reply guys...This is not the news that I wanted to read......FPV, is pretty important for what I want to use this for. What are my options for FPV?? I will also look into the stickies about FPV.
I am from Norfolk , Nebraska, I am a VFR pilot, so I know the regs when it comes to the drones in our area.

agspecialties said:
Thanks for the reply guys...This is not the news that I wanted to read......FPV, is pretty important for what I want to use this for. What are my options for FPV?? I will also look into the stickies about FPV.
I am from Norfolk , Nebraska, I am a VFR pilot, so I know the regs when it comes to the drones in our area.

I've found a pretty complete FPV video on the DJIGuys forum. Shows all the items necessary to implement everything you're looking for.

agspecialties said:

I just got the kumbacam today for Christmas. Very nice FPV... Took like 15 mins to install... Just make sure your get the plug n play adapter since you are using the phantom 2...

agspecialties said:
After reading and rereading and rereading, I am still unsure what the S2 and S1 switches do. Can someone put it in ******* wording. LOL

Go to DJI's site, select your model and download the real manual. Print it out, make notes and read it several times, before thinking about flying it. The manual, that comes with it, is lacking, in my opinion.

And, Welcome to the forum!!

agspecialties said:
After reading and rereading and rereading, I am still unsure what the S2 and S1 switches do. Can someone put it in ******* wording. LOL
Welcome to the forum.
If you are going to change the subject, then start a new thread.
While the PDF file that Pumpkin directed you to is for the Phantom Vision and you have the Phantom 2 Non-Vision (like mine), it does contain a lot of relevant details.

In the default configuration from DJI, S2 and S1 do nothing. But get accustomed to taking off with them in the full-up position because after you have a few flights under your belt you will want to switch the Phantom to NAZA mode which does use these switches. You'll know when it's time to ask, so go fly.

For FPV you need a video transmitter and a receiver for the ground. There's a lot of help in the FPV forum. Personally, I prefer the Non-Vision Phantom, but that's just me.

Great you are are a pilot, fly the the Phantom like a fullsize aircraft, pre and post checks and an environmental risk assessment before every flight. There are some good check lists for the Phantom in threads here but by its nature its hard to find what your looking for. Use Google site search function is by far the best way to try first before you ask questions. The built in search is not great. Bookmark this one... https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... w374af2o9i

Make sure you download from dji the Phantom Assistant and the RC Assistant. You will also need the Windows drivers before the software communicates with the Phantom. Update any firmware that needs it, Calibrate the sticks and gimbel tilt using the RC Assistant first then the same thing in Phantom Assistant. Then do a full IMU calibration on an accurate level surface. Its all explained in the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31