"New" cheap naza gps.

Do you have any reason to believe that it's better then the original? Because I doubt it. I don't like the look of those 3 or 4 exposed wires. I wouldn't touch it or risk my expensive F550 with it, but then, I wouldn't buy a glass of water from ebay. Buy cheap = buy twice. But hey, if you can't afford the real thing (I spotted the word 'cheap' in your sig) then you must take the risks.

There are various projects over at rcgroups to use an Arduino to convert the protocol from a standard GPS module to the one that DJI uses. These ones on Ebay must be doing the same thing. Probably should work okay.

There are various projects over at rcgroups to use an Arduino to convert the protocol from a standard GPS module to the one that DJI uses. These ones on Ebay must be doing the same thing. Probably should work okay.

Thanks. I have the FC40 gps and compass now, but i have been having trouble getting it to have a good gps hold after crash. I will not give it up, but its good to have an alternative. Also, i love testing out new parts :p

I am always on a budget, this hobby is not a cheap one.

OEKA

Thanks. I have the FC40 gps and compass now, but i have been having trouble getting it to have a good gps hold after crash. I will not give it up, but its good to have an alternative. Also, i love testing out new parts :p

I am always on a budget, this hobby is not a cheap one.

OEKA
I'm the same way ,I installed a DJI Mini OSD on my FC40 that worked great...but I saw the S-OSD and just "had" to try it.

Wow that one looks nicer and smaller. Is there a way to get them to display in English and get rid of the Chinese stuff?

Just installed the gps module.

First impression was that the gps was kinda ugly, especially the wires.
After plugging it up and doing the compass dance, it did not seem to work. After about 10 minutes it worked, just as good as the original FC40 gps/compass. (in theory) :p

I have not tested it outside/in the air yet, not good weather in Norway at the time :/

Oyvind

s4t54j.jpg

2pocl7s.jpg

Well, just had my first test flight. The gps worked awesome. Im kinda surprised, it actually got more satellites than the original. The plan was to use this as a spare part, but i think i will try it out for some flights.

The gps used about 5 min to "warm up", but after that it got full satellite after 10 seconds. I used it around 30 min later, it took around 10 seconds and it was ready to fly. :eek:

Got 15min on a 3s 3000mah 30c. No gimbal or camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik