New camera

Reaction score
I got my new camera gimbal from B&H today. Went on fine, gimbal seems to work fine, wheel moves cam up and down fine. I took it out for a test drive, and when I turned my phone on and hooked up to the drone I found I couldn't. The picture at the beginning of the app was an inspire. I don't have an inspire, I have a P3S. It did this while my old camera was down, but I figured it was because the camera was off it, so I didn't think much about it. Now that the new camera is on however, it sucks. Do I need to upgrade the new camera? Does dji send them out without firmware? (That's a stupid question, of course they send them out needing something) I am in the process of upgrading it now. Downloaded the firmware from a non English sight, so I don't even know if its the right one. So, 3 mo old drone, brand new camera, no fly zone. Can somebody steer me in a direction?

I can suggest as an alternate that you use the Litchi app. I have no experience with the B&H gimbal, sorry. But it may work with the Litchi app.

its a dji gimbal. A twin of the one I took off and shipped. And the upgrade didn't work. I think it has something to do with my phone. It doesn't pick up fpv, its showing no satelites captured, and no wifi signal to the drone. Its like my phone is just not hooked up to the aircraft, and it was before. Same phone, same drone, but different camera. And I downloaded an upgrade right before my cam shot craps. DJI go is the only app that will work for the p3s, or the only one that used to work anyway.

Got it going guys. I updated the camera which I don't believe did any good at all, reloaded the app 3 times, which apparently did some good. The light on my RC was red the whole time my camera was off, and even though I was using a gopro to do video, it was kinda like haulin a dogbone around on the drone. But for some reason, reloading the app 3 times did it. ???? Who knows.

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem on my Phantom 3 standard.
I have broken the cam and I replaced with another 2.7K cam (gimble + cam) : used but fully functionnal and tested. The light on the RC remains solid red, and DJIGo displays "not connected" .
However, I can tilt (up and down)the cam with the RC scroll wheel.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

--> But no image on my iphone screen, in DJIGo app.
Did you solve the issue ?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.