Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Camera - Woohoo!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by snerd, Nov 16, 2015.

1. snerd

Just ordered a new camera and am so stoked it's killing me lol!! Canon is running another refurbished sale.......... I snatched up the new Canon 7DII for $999!!!! Plus FREE overnight shipping!!!! Woot Woot!!!

Most of these refurbs only have 50-1000 clicks on them! Recalibrated, checked out and cleaned up to almost new. If anyone else is interested, it's on canon's site. They have the 5DIII for $1999!!! I gave $3200 for that camera new!!

Canon Refurbished EOS Digital SLR Cameras | Canon Online Store

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nice deal. I am a Canon user myself. :)

3. RedHotPoker

Hey, @snerd, Hello, good buy. Hahaha
    Nice to see others sharing their enjoyment of your private personality.

My present day Weapon of choice, in the photog arena. A D800.
    image.jpeg

One of the benefits of you boys shooting with a Cannon, you can purchase an adapter which enables use of the fine Nikkor lenses. ;-)

Mr.Heavy, thee gun.
    image.jpeg

Yes, it Shoots straight, to the heart. I love it. ;-)
    image.jpeg
    I can reach "Far-Out Man" and touch somebody ya know.
    It will shoot continuously while I Squeeze the orange trigger, or slide the lock up, let go, and it will continue shooting on its own.
    I like the centre pole in these, it can be taken up and tillted horizontally or at several angles. Very useful for different uses such as macro photography.

If not too much trouble to ask of fyou, Please post some pics of your digital or 35mm camera rigs guys?
    Love to Envy, like my HP Phoenix.

RedHotPoker

4. snerd

I was drooling over the D810 when it came out, but I'm "heavily" invested in Canon glass, so it was just gonna be way too expensive to change over to Nikon. I have the Canon 5D3 full-frame camera, the 7D1, and now the 7D2 crop bodies. As far as glass, I have a EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS and a EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 wide angle lens for the 7D's. My EF lenses, which also work on the crop bodies, include a 16-35L f/4 IS, 50mm f/1.4, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 24-70L f/4 IS, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II and the 100 f.2.8 L IS macro lens. Yeah, I'm a red ring snob! A Manfrotto tripod and ball head, a Manfrotto monopod, various filters such as CPL and the Lee Big Stopper ND filter. I've been at it about 2 years, and haven't gotten a lot better, but I sure do enjoy it! I do mainly landscapes, some macro when the mood hits, and very little people stuff.

Oh! I almost forgot! I also have a Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 lens that I seldom use, after getting used to the IQ of my L glass.

5. snerd

6. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

blank stare.png
    Dang guy's ...I need to upgrade :(
    IMG_3821.JPG

Fplvert likes this.
  7. RedHotPoker

There lies a huge chunk of change. . . Quite the investment.
    Thanks for sharing. ;-)
    I like the macro ring, brilliant.

Also almost forgot, bought the Nikon SB910 Speedlight.
    To light up my darkness.
    Great, It can be mounted or used as a slave, off the camera body.. Yeah.

RedHotPoker

8. snerd

Yeah, I need to buy some triggers for my 5D3, but the 7D will use its built-in wireless trigger. I've only got one regular flash, a Canon 430EX II.

9. snerd

Besides....................... my new camera sale just got derailed. Nothing showed up on Canon's site, they said. But there is a pending charge on my PayPal for it. So after an hour calling Canon, PayPal and the credit card company, I'm going to have to wait 7 days for the pending charge to expire. Technology.................... the more we move ahead the more we go backwards!